Fedy Fedora Utils 4.0.1 Released As Full GTK3 App To Configure Fedora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedy Fedora Utils 4.0.1 Released As Full GTK3 App To Configure Fedora

Phoronix: Fedy Fedora Utils 4.0.1 Released As Full GTK3 App To Configure Fedora

Last week Fedy, formally Fedora Utils, quietly released version 4.0.1. Fedy, for those not in-the-know, is a graphical program for configuring and installing third-party applications and repositories on the Fedora desktop. Using Fedy, software like Adobe Flash, Android Studio, libdvdcss, Google Chrome, multimedia codecs, Steam, Skype, and the Oracle JRE are only a click away...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We should make a thread on what to include in Fedy.
    I vote for

Bomi
    Firefox repository, including Aurora.
    Wine-Staging
    Pepperflash/Freshplayer
    Tixati

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
      We should make a thread on what to include in Fedy.
      I vote for

Bomi
      Firefox repository, including Aurora.
      Wine-Staging
      Pepperflash/Freshplayer
      Tixati
      No need to package wine-staging, Fedora's default wine package IS wine-staging
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I have one question. Where's the link to Fedy in the article? I find this to a common issue in phoronix. Most of time, when click a link with a software name, I expect it takes to the homepage of the software. Instead, most of time it takes me to another page in Phoronix. Self-link is fine, if that's just the authors style. But shouldn't the source link at least be given somewhere? How about a footnote in each article that give the source link?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

No need to package wine-staging, Fedora's default wine package IS wine-staging
          Yea I just discovered that 20 minutes ago. I can't seem to find an easy way to install Gallium nine though. It looks as if work is still being done on it for Fedora.

Comment

Michael (or anybody else who knows), what's the name of this Gnome 3 theme seen in the screenshot? Is it Fedora's default? I'd like to try it, seems cooler than the default light theme.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post

Yea I just discovered that 20 minutes ago. I can't seem to find an easy way to install Gallium nine though. It looks as if work is still being done on it for Fedora.
              If you're under Fedora 22 then you get Gallium9 (+wine integration) by default, if you're under Fedora 21 then you have to upgrade because Fedora 21's mesa doesn't ship Gallium9 state tracker
              Last edited by Ericg; 09 June 2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yzsolt View Post
                Michael (or anybody else who knows), what's the name of this Gnome 3 theme seen in the screenshot? Is it Fedora's default? I'd like to try it, seems cooler than the default light theme.
                I don't remember no >< Already destroyed the VM

Comment

Originally posted by yzsolt View Post
                  It's Ozon icon theme

Comment

Originally posted by woodbird View Post
                    I have one question. Where's the link to Fedy in the article? I find this to a common issue in phoronix. Most of time, when click a link with a software name, I expect it takes to the homepage of the software. Instead, most of time it takes me to another page in Phoronix. Self-link is fine, if that's just the authors style. But shouldn't the source link at least be given somewhere? How about a footnote in each article that give the source link?
                    satya164.xyz is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, satya164.xyz has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
                    X