Ubuntu 8.10 Turns To OpenJDK 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louise View Post
    Do you know if there are plans on open sourcing the plugin also?
    There is already a open plugin based on the OpenJDK. It's called IcedTea. Look at http://iced-tea.org/wiki/Main_Page for information. Im using it on Gentoo x86_64 and it's worked very well so far, without any proprietary software needed.

@Kano: Are you reffering to IcedTea or one of the older free Java-replacements? Afaik IcedTea should be fully compatible. Maybe you'd tell us what sites you've got problems with?

Comment

Try the games in

Eine der beliebtesten Chat-Communitys seit 20 Jahren ♥ Finde neue Freunde bei spin.de. Melde dich jetzt kostenlos an!

Also with Java 1.5 or newer (it works with 1.4.2!) you can try this:

You can open private dialogs, but you are unable to close em. Very stupid bug...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Try the games in

http://www.spin.de/
        The games wont start for me. It complains about java missing. Weird.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Also with Java 1.5 or newer (it works with 1.4.2!) you can try this:

You can open private dialogs, but you are unable to close em. Very stupid bug...
        I get that as well. That's probably due to the applet doing weird stuff it isn't supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by wiscados View Post
          Also, I'd like to see gnash bundled with Ubuntu soon.
          Maybe one day it will make sense...
          It's been bundled already and unfortunately mostly useless. It was the very first thing I replaced after the fresh hardy install.

Comment

@Zhick

both works with 1.4.2, the spin chat games work with 1.5 and 1.6 too. Btw. the radio gong chat works with win, so it is a Linux only problem...

Comment

Working...
            X