Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuercH
    replied
    for those having the "Oh no" issue try this, update your processor microcode, boot using a single monitor, and with no periferals attached (no wacom no nothing just use mouse + keyboard)

Leave a comment:

• timex
    replied
    Originally posted by finalzone View Post

You will need to do that workaround once. Bug report submitted: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1221374.
    Note that the issue is not affecting Gnome on Wayland.
    I tried the workaround, but doesn't work :/ I have the error daemon settings crash, and the error window keeps appearing...
    Last edited by timex; 13 May 2015, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by timex View Post
    Thanks so much mate! Is it fix on the lastest version of F22 or we need to keep doing the workaround?
    You will need to do that workaround once. Bug report submitted: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1221374.
    Note that the issue is not affecting Gnome on Wayland.
    Last edited by finalzone; 13 May 2015, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• timex
    replied
    Originally posted by finalzone View Post
    Same experience. It is a bug from dconf on Gnome Shell 3.16, the workaround is to backup the old .config/dconf/user in Nautilus or via terminal then log again.
    Thanks so much mate! Is it fix on the lastest version of F22 or we need to keep doing the workaround?

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by timex View Post
    I have been trying all the betas of Fedora22 and I have the same bug everytime I try it. After boot from the usb I have a "oh no something was wrong message" when the computer is ready to use the desktop, I have Fedora21 installed and works like a charm
    Same experience. It is a bug from dconf on Gnome Shell 3.16, the workaround is to backup the old .config/dconf/user in Nautilus or via terminal then log again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
    It's still pretty much useless without full RPMFusion support....
    Can someone try installing HandBrake and mpv on F22 with RPMFusion?

Those are the only two pieces of software I need on F22. HandBrake can be acquired from the repo attached to this post (not sure if RPMFusion itself has it yet). mpv comes from RPMFusion.
    This repository contains HandBrake with supporting programs MakeMKV and libdvdcss packages for Fedora distributions. None of these packages can be distributed inside the main Fedora repositories du...

Leave a comment:

• Zan Lynx
    replied
    Originally posted by remm View Post
    I usually think Fedora is great, unlike you. So the first time you find it fantastic is when I am actually quite unhappy.

Problems which didn't occur with F21:
    - Nouveau is completely broken
    Nouveau works for me in F22, even with an Optimus setup. However, I can't use external monitors which is super annoying. The laptop just freezes if I plug one in. I think the Intel driver is broken. It happens in F21 also, but doesn't happen in Ubuntu so its something Fedora'ey.

HiDPI / 4K support works well in X.org but in Wayland, any Xwayland app gets horribly confused and seems to randomly decide on the size of a pixel.

Other than that stuff F22 has been pretty great. Posting this from an F22 laptop right now.

Leave a comment:

• edgan
    replied
    I have been running Fedora 22 beta on my work Thinkpad W540. It has been mostly great. I did have an issue where my laptop hung once. Dnf has been somewhat annoying, but not too bad. I haven't had any issues with bumblebee.

For RPMFusion I just used the Fedora 21 RPMFusion. They just came out with RPMFusion free for Fedora 22, and I switched to it.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by remm View Post
    - It blacklists Nehalhem (kernel becomes "tainted") because the VT-d feature is broken (I did disable it in the bios, but apparently this is not enough for Mr Righteous Kernel) ... Thanks, I knew VT-d was broken already on that platform (the feature was brand new), no need to bug me about it. This is really beyond lame ...

Tainted just means that you are running the kernel in a non-standard setup and that the developers do not explicitly support such setups. If you want to report the bug then you can, manually, but you cannot automatic reporting to submit it.

Leave a comment:

• timex
    replied
    I have been trying all the betas of Fedora22 and I have the same bug everytime I try it. After boot from the usb I have a "oh no something was wrong message" when the computer is ready to use the desktop, I have Fedora21 installed and works like a charm, I boot F21 from the same usb and It works perfectly, looks like is something on the F22 version. If I install it still happens the same problem and login with wayland too but I'm able to move the window error to a different workspace, sometimes I have an error about the gnome-daemon-settings. Not sure if this is listed as a bug but in my case makes F22 complete unusable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDQg...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

Working...
X