• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    You-

• You-
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    but is the stuff for playing mp3 (gstreamer) in the free or non-free repos?
    Cheers
    Totally off topic but atleast for MP3 playback, I think the last 2 patents expire in September, so this could potentially no longer be an issue for MP3 by Fedora 23. Shame it took so long that many people have long moved on to other encumbered codecs.

Leave a comment:

• r1348

• r1348
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    sorry for being blunt,
    As an ordinary user of course I can't understand this complex process (on my side and on rpm fusion side of things) for adding codecs.. while I of course understand patent/proprietary issues.
    Cheers
    GStreamer codecs are in free, nonfree is for proprietary software (i.e. Nvidia driver) or software otherwise under a non-OSI licence.
    The process is relatively complex (actually you just need to enable the repos downloading the RPMs provided on the website) because RPMFusion is an independent project from Fedora, which adheres to a strict patent-free policy.

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave

• horizonbrave
    replied
    sorry for being blunt,
    As an ordinary user of course I can't understand this complex process (on my side and on rpm fusion side of things) for adding codecs.. while I of course understand patent/proprietary issues.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    Administrator

• phoronix
    started a topic RPM Fusion Starts Rolling Out For Fedora 22

RPM Fusion Starts Rolling Out For Fedora 22

Phoronix: RPM Fusion Starts Rolling Out For Fedora 22

For early adopters of Fedora 22 that have been missing out on the packages provided by the third-party RPM Fusion repository, they have started rolling out their support for this next Fedora Linux release...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-For-Fedora-22
Working...
X