• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 3

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 3

Phoronix: Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 3

While not too much for the end-user has changed since Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 2, Canonical has just announced the release of Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 3. The release announcement for Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 3 can be read on the mailing list and a few added pieces of information on the Ubuntu Testing Wiki...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjYxOA

• sundown
    replied
    I've always had strong associative mind and ideas , sorry..
    Last edited by sundown; 07-25-2008, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    Yeah, orange reminded you of shit, and not dark brown reminds you of messy shit.

Very funny really!

Leave a comment:

• sundown
    replied
    Ubuntu's colors always remind me of shit, now they have included this gray color and it looks like a messy shit

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    It's more "fun" to boot via PXE, but the new X server does not like my 8800 GTS and my X700 SE has also lots of problems.

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 3 Screenshot
    Kubuntu 8.10 Alpha 3 Screenshot

I think everyone should be able to find out what's the next generation desktop-screenshot and what's the screenshot that looks like as if the graphics guy had a really bad trip (...)
    Huh? I personaly use and love KDE 4.1, but that's one of the less-uglier gnome setups I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    There's a iso2usb.sh script somewhere in the ubuntu-devel scripts that makes that takes a ubuntu iso and makes your usb drive bootable. That's what I used for testing.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 3 Screenshot
    Kubuntu 8.10 Alpha 3 Screenshot

I think everyone should be able to find out what's the next generation desktop-screenshot and what's the screenshot that looks like as if the graphics guy had a really bad trip, but you only get the true KDE4 experience when you see that amazing KDE launch screen, the Plasma widgets and some of the updated applications, like kdegames or kdeedu.

Leave a comment:

• sundown
    replied
    d2kx, show us some screennies coz I don't have any CDs around me

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    I can only hope that with Ubuntu ~9.04, KDE4 will be the new default desktop. Even Mark Shuttleworth uses it
    Why not just use the best KDE distro around then, openSUSE?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X