No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Alpha 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiled a new 2.6.24.3 kernel without that amd module, but it would not load again. Tried booting a Hardy image I got a hold of yesterday, but it would not load either. Both give me the same result:

Code:
    Check root= bootarg cat /proc/cmdline
    or missing modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev

ALERT! /dev/disk /by-uuid /2722354a-a243-4baa-8ef5-447c5-6c42 does not exist, dropping to shell!

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu7) Built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands

(initramfs) [ 246.237572] usb 2-1: device not accepting address 2, error
    Shame. Really wanted to take a sneak peak at Hardy.

Comment

grep PATA_AMD /boot/config-$(uname -r)
      CONFIG_PATA_AMD=m

should be there. The blacklist hack is usually working too... You can not boot a hd image without changeing the root option. thats not fully trivial to do that. Compared to that extracting the initrd and putting it back to gether (with added blacklist) then modifiying the iso image is more easy.
      Last edited by Kano; 08 March 2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        grep PATA_AMD /boot/config-$(uname -r)
        CONFIG_PATA_AMD=m

should be there. The blacklist hack is usually working too... You can not boot a hd image without changeing the root option. thats not fully trivial to do that. Compared to that extracting the initrd and putting it back to gether (with added blacklist) then modifiying the iso image is more easy.

Found that option, but even if I compile with it off, the kernel is still unable to boot, and finishes with the error from my previous post. The problem is elsewhere it seems.

Comment

That option must be on! It is not needed to recompile the kernel at all, as you can hotfix it with blacklisting for 2.6.24 kernels. update-initramfs -u will update the initrd for the current kernel. so the most easy way is to use vbox (with desktop iso) or something similar, do the blacklist, run the update-initramfs -u command, reuse the new /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) as casper/initrd.gz of the desktop iso - for beginners use isomaster for that part.

Comment

I like that the wallpaper has a hardy heron theme, they should continue with a wallpaper with a release specific animal imo

Comment

Since upgrading a computer with Gutsy 7.10 to Hardy Alpha6, browsing the web is real slow; pages take too many second to start loading.

I've tried disabling IPv6 support in Firefox 3 beta 3 config but no luck, same with installing Firefox 2 from the repositories.

Comment

Working...
              X