X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by edmon View Post
    After rpm , yum and now dnf it is obvious that the problem is not the package manager but the package type itself.
    There is apt, aptitude, smart, cupt, wajig and so on, it is clearly a problem with that package format as well, right?

Leave a comment:

• edmon
    replied
    After rpm , yum and now dnf it is obvious that the problem is not the package manager but the package type itself.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Wasn't aware dnf existed; guess I better start getting used to it over yum.
    You new to Phoronix, Espionage, or just don't check regularly? I ask because Michael is pretty on-top of DNF news so it'd take a lot to not know it existed

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Details Of DNF Succeeding Yum In Fedora 22 Still Being Discussed

With the upcoming release of Fedora 22, DNF is succeeding Yum as the default package manager. However, some details about this change are still being discussed...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...2-Yum-Concerns
    The controversial bit isn't really the warning per se but that dnf-yum package causes yum to be redirected to dnf

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wasn't aware dnf existed; guess I better start getting used to it over yum.

Leave a comment:

• Details Of DNF Succeeding Yum In Fedora 22 Still Being Discussed

Phoronix: Details Of DNF Succeeding Yum In Fedora 22 Still Being Discussed

With the upcoming release of Fedora 22, DNF is succeeding Yum as the default package manager. However, some details about this change are still being discussed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X