Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 22 Alpha Officially Released

Phoronix: Fedora 22 Alpha Officially Released

Just as planned the alpha release of Fedora 22 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hello everybody,

What about the power usage of Fedora 22?
    In earlier articles on phoronix, you could read about the wish to optimize battery consumption for especially portable computers.
    Nowadays I tweak Fedora to optimize it's power consumption, but it would be nice to see Fedora ships with less power consumption.
    In the newer articles, and also in the Fedora change/wishlist I can't find anything about this topic anymore.
    So I was wondering if this was still being worked on.

Greetz

Comment

What about the power consumption of the Fedora 22 alpha.
      In januari I read an article on phoronix about lessening power consumption in Fedora 22.
      I know power consumption can be tweaked manually with the many forum topics/wikis available, but it would be nice to see a lot of power savings tweaks would already be done.
      So what is the status about this change?
      Is it still actively worked on by the Fedora Developers, or is this abandoned for the Fedora 22 release, cause I couldn't find anything on the Fedora Changes list.

Greetz

Comment

new notifications, tray icons, appmenu looking great...

now if this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2O8OzBOHXU really is part of official gnome, i'm moving my birthday to the day of f22 release. splendid work, whoever designed it. so little details, so much better ^.^

Comment

F22 stil has a bug, long reported, where windows switching does not work.

with Alt+Esc you could switch between windows directly, traverse them all, for longer time now you can only switch between two windows. Big bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Game View Post
            What about the power consumption of the Fedora 22 alpha.
            In januari I read an article on phoronix about lessening power consumption in Fedora 22.
            I know power consumption can be tweaked manually with the many forum topics/wikis available, but it would be nice to see a lot of power savings tweaks would already be done.
            So what is the status about this change?
            Is it still actively worked on by the Fedora Developers, or is this abandoned for the Fedora 22 release, cause I couldn't find anything on the Fedora Changes list.

Greetz
            It is in the list of things being worked on

One of the results is

One thing we want to do for the next versions of GNOME and Fedora is to improve battery performance. Your laptop may well be advertised by the manufacturer to have “up to 10 hours of battery …

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
              new notifications, tray icons, appmenu looking great...

now if this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2O8OzBOHXU really is part of official gnome, i'm moving my birthday to the day of f22 release. splendid work, whoever designed it. so little details, so much better ^.^
              Same as 3.14 isnt it? Except for new fat dropdown notifications menu.

Comment

Originally posted by lejeczek View Post
                with Alt+Esc you could switch between windows directly, traverse them all, for longer time now you can only switch between two windows. Big bummer.

Where was this reported and what is the bugzilla #?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                  Same as 3.14 isnt it? Except for new fat dropdown notifications menu.
                  color me blind. 3.14 is black completely, way overdoing on round corners. awesomely used shades of gray and no round corners everywhere is like night and day for me. whole thing looks much more pleasant and informative. as i said, small changes, big difference

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                    color me blind. 3.14 is black completely, way overdoing on round corners. awesomely used shades of gray and no round corners everywhere is like night and day for me. whole thing looks much more pleasant and informative. as i said, small changes, big difference
                    Ah, I didn't even notice that in the video, sadly, every time I see GNOME interface I get a feeling of claustrophobia.

Comment

Working...
                    X