Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rezza View Post
    In five hours. We talked several times we want to change release time to UTC but never implemented it. Maybe Beta will be a good candidate to try it? Maybe. But you can already check your closest mirror and Alpha will be very likely already mirrored there. The official release time is just announcement and links on websites. The final image is mirroring for a few days already.
    Oh, interesting. Thanks!

Guess i'll start the download now and see how it goes

Leave a comment:

• Rezza
    replied
    Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
    So does anyone happen to know when or where F22 Alpha will come out at?

The release cycle life page states usual release time is 10AM EST (about 6 hours from now), but as for how accurate that is I don't know.
    In five hours. We talked several times we want to change release time to UTC but never implemented it. Maybe Beta will be a good candidate to try it? Maybe. But you can already check your closest mirror and Alpha will be very likely already mirrored there. The official release time is just announcement and links on websites. The final image is mirroring for a few days already.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So does anyone happen to know when or where F22 Alpha will come out at?

The release cycle life page states usual release time is 10AM EST (about 6 hours from now), but as for how accurate that is I don't know.

I never actually took part in any Alphas or anything on Fedora. Tried downloading a Rawhide image a couple of months back, and I recall it not really being an entirely easy/straightforward process (with Ubuntu for comparison, I just go to the daily page, and click on either an x86 or x86_64 iso).

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    It should be. It is part of the tasklist at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Tasklist
    is it my birthday? if it isn't, i'm almost feeling like adding it to the list of my important dates

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied

That should get people excited for f23

I need to fire up f22 and checkout the Wayland situation. I hope they've switched the gdk backend over to Wayland since Firefox is now gtk3 (thanks Martin!).

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
    i really hope this will make in 22

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

this design of tray is everything i ever wanted. simple. accessible, unobtrusive and gorgeous.

well, this and appmenu icon redesign. with small icon appmenu actually feels in place.

It should be. It is part of the tasklist at

Leave a comment:

• Ouroboros
    replied
    I'll be hopping over to KDE from GNOME once F22 final is released. I'm really looking forward to trying out KDE/Plasma/KF 5 and I'd like to have a similar setup to my Windows system.

For those that might use my mesa-git and wine-staging Coprs, I've enabled F22 builds and I'm currently rebuilding the packages for F22. Also worth noting is that Rawhide builds are currently broken due to what appears to be a broken glibc/rpm upgrade.

I've been planning on adding libdrm, libclc and eventually Intel and Nouveau drivers, but my motivation has been a bit lacking recently (which is also why LLVM took so long. I had the SPEC done weeks before, but never got around to building the SRPM). On the bright side, I created a helper script for Mesa and Wine that automates everything except the upload and issuing Copr builds, although I still have to edit the Wine SPEC by hand nearly every time due to new DLL stubs upstream.

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    i really hope this will make in 22

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

this design of tray is everything i ever wanted. simple. accessible, unobtrusive and gorgeous.

well, this and appmenu icon redesign. with small icon appmenu actually feels in place.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just got done setting up F21 on my desktop, mainly to figure out my tweaks and stuff. Get to do it all over again once the Alpha comes out

I'm really liking Fedora. I primarily used Ubuntu, but Fedora so far can handle everything I did on Ubuntu, with even better results in some cases (some program in wine-staging for example doesn't have a working mic with Pulse on Ubuntu; works fine on Fedora though). So unless some unforeseen show-stopping issue comes out of nowhere; I'll probably stick with Fedora from now on.

Only weird issues I'm having with F21 now is that Empathy seems to refuse to connect to both Google Talk and a Jabber server I use, and a OpenVPN connection set-up from NetworkManager refuses to connect (can connect through CLI just fine though).

Leave a comment:

• Previewing The F22 Alpha Release: Fedora 22 Is In Great Shape

Phoronix: Previewing The F22 Alpha Release: Fedora 22 Is In Great Shape

This weekend I spent some time testing the latest Fedora 22 test candidate ahead of tomorrow's Fedora 22 Alpha release. Overall the experience was very good and I'm very excited for the official Fedora 22 release in May. I felt Fedora 21 was the best release yet and switched to running it on my most critical production system while now Fedora 22 is set to beat out its previous release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X