The Tremendous Features Of Fedora 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    debian(which is the upstream for ubuntu just like fedora is upstream for rhel)
    I think that's a bad analogy. Ubuntu takes snapshots of Debian sid as a base and then does its own thing on top (every 6 months).

Comment

oh fedora, where art thou?

I put tremendous efforts in finding where to download F22, any clue someone please?
      I'm pretty sure it's not that end users oriented yet.. unless every one is comfortable with all the alpha/branched/rawhide/testing terminology (wtf!).
      I'd really like to give it a try (workstation spin)...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        I think that's a bad analogy. Ubuntu takes snapshots of Debian sid as a base and then does its own thing on top (every 6 months).
        That is in fact pretty similar to what Red Hat does to produce RHEL. The details such as timeline of releases vary but the process is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          I put tremendous efforts in finding where to download F22, any clue someone please?
          I'm pretty sure it's not that end users oriented yet.. unless every one is comfortable with all the alpha/branched/rawhide/testing terminology (wtf!).
          I'd really like to give it a try (workstation spin)...
          Oh well, google helped in the end.. I'm not post the link cause I presume it will change with next freeze/nightly.
          A bit confusing though... so far (as a not Fedora users) what I don't like it's the online documentation format (the wiki is ok though): it looks very neat but you can't even execute a search, so again: wtf!?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
              Oh well, google helped in the end.. I'm not post the link cause I presume it will change with next freeze/nightly.
              A bit confusing though... so far (as a not Fedora users) what I don't like it's the online documentation format (the wiki is ok though): it looks very neat but you can't even execute a search, so again: wtf!?
              I don't think fedora has even hit an alpha release yet.. so yeah, finding the nightlies does tend to be a bit of a pain because you're not really supposed to be using them.

Also yeah, the online documentation (not the wiki-- docbook) does tend to be a major pain in the ass. As a user I'd much rather be pulling up the wiki though the docbook has been useful if I'm researching an entire topic (rpm packaging in my case) because each page has a link to the next one at the bottom so you know you aren't skipping anything.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
              X