Fedora Workstation 22 To Have Better Wayland Support, Better Battery Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    This will have Consequences. I read KDE4 and Plasma5 aren't parallel-installable
    They're not. If you don't like it, and honestly I can't think of anything that is not to like, stick with F21 until it goes end-of-life.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
      I doubt it, but if anything's an indication F23 has all the chances. Depending on how stable F22 will be (i.e. # of bug reports for wayland-related apps.) As it stands, I still stand by my prediction that we'll see wayland by default early 2016. I'll be happy to be proven otherwise.
      I don't know. I imagine they'll be cautious... but the preview in F21 is already mostly usable. I tried it out for a few days when I upgraded to F21, and the only problem I encountered was broken drag-and-drop... granted, I wasn't doing anything fancy (games, etc), but I had no stability issues, all my apps worked (including video playing), etc. Not sure to what extent the apps are rendering native vs XWayland, but what I saw was pretty satisfactory apart from the D/D thing.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
        Better? How? Works flawlessly here and the only bug I noticed is connected to libinput

Still, if there is some way to make it better, disregard my lack of imagination and bring it on, lol
        X still has better performance in Fedora than Wayland, there is still work to do. It will be worth waiting!

Comment

Working...
        X