X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justmy2cents
    replied
    Impressive release

especially Wayland, which is surprisingly stable for 1st time. only thing that I could hold against it is the fact that scrolling right side of my touchpad didn't work

if I wasn't the victim of long standing bug with wireless going offline that would be one damn good release. sadly same bug exists now very long time as I saw when I searched for previous reference to not duplicate bug when reporting (actually from fedora 15 or so). i say strange because network goes down in short time, but doing anything in line of hw wifi off/on, disabling/enabling wifi or restarting NetworkManager reconnects... for short time that is

but. it will definitely see life on my home machine. awesome work

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Wouldn't magnet links also be reasonable if assumption is servers go out of capacity? (ie for torrent)

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    Originally posted by interested View Post
    No spins shows up on the spins.fedoraproject.org page for me (using F20/FF34).

Also, when you get to the https://getfedora.org/ page, you always have to look around to find the spins. This is apparently as not to confuse users with too many download choices. Perhaps understandable, but I do think Fedora spins are really underrated and not as well known as they deserve. The Red Hat/Fedora KDE release team is really excellent and so is the Fedora KDE spin. Same with the LXDE spin last I tried it.
    The Security spin looks very interesting too.
    There's a block of text right on the front of getfedora.org headed "Looking for more Fedora?" which links right to spins.fp.o. I do see the spins on spins.fp.o - however, the download links still seem to point to F20 torrents. I'll try and get that fixed.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    spins.fedoraproject.org is listed right there in the release announcement.
    No spins shows up on the spins.fedoraproject.org page for me (using F20/FF34).

Also, when you get to the https://getfedora.org/ page, you always have to look around to find the spins. This is apparently as not to confuse users with too many download choices. Perhaps understandable, but I do think Fedora spins are really underrated and not as well known as they deserve. The Red Hat/Fedora KDE release team is really excellent and so is the Fedora KDE spin. Same with the LXDE spin last I tried it.
    The Security spin looks very interesting too.
    Last edited by interested; 09 December 2014, 04:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    Originally posted by Stefem View Post
    Will be there an "install media" for the Workstation spin alongside the live one? right now the only available is for Fedora Server
    No, the primary media for Workstation is the live. If you want to do a non-live deployment of Workstation the official recommendation is to use the Server network install image, which (as noted above) is a bit of a misnomer, it's actually capable of installing all package sets as in previous releases.

(there's some messy background which resulted in this slightly odd state of affairs, it should be cleaner/clearer for F22 - the current idea is probably to have a properly generic netinst again. The Server one is *effectively* generic, but it's Server branded and lives in the Server tree, which looks a bit confusing.)

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    Originally posted by siavashserver
    Okay it seems it's now accessible

Where is the minimal installation spin?
    The 'Server' network install image is really about the same as the old netinst / minimal image. It can install all package groups, including 'minimal'. So, grab that one.

Leave a comment:

• ChristianSchaller
    replied
    Originally posted by Stefem View Post
    Will be there an "install media" for the Workstation spin alongside the live one? right now the only available is for Fedora Server
    No, the official installer for the Workstation is the live installer, and we hope to streamline it further for future Fedora Workstation releases. The idea being that the install
    should just be about getting your initial image onto your system as fast as possible and then you customize the application selection through the Software 'appstore'
    afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Stefem
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goingdown
    replied
    Originally posted by siavashserver
    Is the website down or something? I can't access the fedora spins page
    It seems that Fedora servers are really busy at the moment. I got lots of timeout and slowdowns when trying to access servers or doing dnf/yum update.

Leave a comment:

• Stefem
    replied
    Will be there an "install media" for workstation alongside the live one? right now the only available is for Fedora Server

Leave a comment:

Working...
X