Fedora 21 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    spins.fedoraproject.org is listed right there in the release announcement.
    No spins shows up on the spins.fedoraproject.org page for me (using F20/FF34).

Also, when you get to the https://getfedora.org/ page, you always have to look around to find the spins. This is apparently as not to confuse users with too many download choices. Perhaps understandable, but I do think Fedora spins are really underrated and not as well known as they deserve. The Red Hat/Fedora KDE release team is really excellent and so is the Fedora KDE spin. Same with the LXDE spin last I tried it.
    The Security spin looks very interesting too.
    Last edited by interested; 09 December 2014, 04:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
      No spins shows up on the spins.fedoraproject.org page for me (using F20/FF34).

Also, when you get to the https://getfedora.org/ page, you always have to look around to find the spins. This is apparently as not to confuse users with too many download choices. Perhaps understandable, but I do think Fedora spins are really underrated and not as well known as they deserve. The Red Hat/Fedora KDE release team is really excellent and so is the Fedora KDE spin. Same with the LXDE spin last I tried it.
      The Security spin looks very interesting too.
      There's a block of text right on the front of getfedora.org headed "Looking for more Fedora?" which links right to spins.fp.o. I do see the spins on spins.fp.o - however, the download links still seem to point to F20 torrents. I'll try and get that fixed.

Comment

Wouldn't magnet links also be reasonable if assumption is servers go out of capacity? (ie for torrent)

Comment

Impressive release

especially Wayland, which is surprisingly stable for 1st time. only thing that I could hold against it is the fact that scrolling right side of my touchpad didn't work

if I wasn't the victim of long standing bug with wireless going offline that would be one damn good release. sadly same bug exists now very long time as I saw when I searched for previous reference to not duplicate bug when reporting (actually from fedora 15 or so). i say strange because network goes down in short time, but doing anything in line of hw wifi off/on, disabling/enabling wifi or restarting NetworkManager reconnects... for short time that is

but. it will definitely see life on my home machine. awesome work

Comment

Working...
          X