Systemd 217 Updated In Debian & Soon Making Its Way To Ubuntu 15.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but... The article mentions that systemd will "soon" be making its way to Ubuntu 15.04. Anyone know (and willing to share) what is meant by "soon" as mentioned in the article? That is, are we talking days, weeks or months before systemd is the default in daily versions of Ubuntu 15.04? I ask because I'm itching to give 15.04 a try, but I'd rather wait until 15.04 is default before intalling it.
    You always can try using a virtual machine to check it...

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
      You always can try using a virtual machine to check it...
      Thanks. Yes, I know that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to when systemd will be default in 15.04.

Comment

As of now, if systemd is installed it boots by default

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
        Thanks. Yes, I know that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to when systemd will be default in 15.04.
        As of right now and since shortly after Vivid development began, systemd includes a link to /lib/systemd/systemd named "init" and therefore boots to systemd by default. Installing systemd removed upstart as well. To make systemd the default in Ubuntu as installed, they need only switch the default image in the installer from the current upstart package to the current systemd package.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
          As of right now and since shortly after Vivid development began, systemd includes a link to /lib/systemd/systemd named "init" and therefore boots to systemd by default. Installing systemd removed upstart as well. To make systemd the default in Ubuntu as installed, they need only switch the default image in the installer from the current upstart package to the current systemd package.
          Following directions found on AskUbuntu (see http://askubuntu.com/questions/42091...t-with-systemd for more info), I recently installed the "systemd-sysv" package in Vivid, and, near as I can tell, doing so completely removed upstart. My updated system still boots just fine, I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Comment

Working...
          X