Debian Is Back To Discussing Init Systems, Freedom of Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a debian related person said it good:

"I don't care if monolithic system designs are caused by corporate alliances or not."

Comment

NSA doesn't control debian..

Originally posted by Stauffen View Post
      Sorry friend, has two things not worth discussing:

1) yes Systemd is a project of RedHat.'s She who pays the salary of Lennart and a few others. If I were the RedHat I do the same way. How to not stress I get what Julian Assange said: http://igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/...ed-by-the-nsa/
      That link really is a bunch of crap.. I watched that whole entire video of julian assange speaking, and he never said debian is owned by the NSA..
      What he said is that the NSA tries to get in to different projects, and he gives debian AS AN EXAMPLE, and says that they will try to introduce exploits in the system, but they will mask it as being a bug, or a mistake, or typo, when actually it is intentionally.. Basically you have a mole(s) in the system some where that actually wants to compromise it..
      But he never said debian is the only distrobution that they do that to.. They probably try to do it to as many as possible, because that is what the NSA does.. They try to infiltrate as many things as possible.. Julian isn't going to waste every one's time by sitting there naming a huge long list of every distrobution that he thinks might be targetted, so he just names one as an example (debian), because he is thinking about that SSH randomization "bug" that happened few years ago.. Of course that has now been fixed for a long time..

ANY THING open-source is potentially vulnerable to a mole....Some one joining the team that is PRETENDING to work for good, but secretly makes bugs in things to make it easier for the NSA to spy on even more crap..

But because it is open-source ANY ONE can see the source-code and eventually see that there is a giant exploit in the code, and fix it.. And hopefully after the SSH "bug" exploit introduced, hopefully security patches like that will be checked more rigorously before being applied..

One more thing: Linux isn't perfect, and can be susceptable to attacks like that some times, but what is the alternative?..
      Would you rather use windows or mac-OS or some thing?.. With windows, NSA doesn't have to sneak any one in to the developer team, they probably just call old bill gates up and ask "Hey, do you mind if we put an other back-door in to your closed-source code again?" and I'm sure bill says "Yeah that sounds wonderful! Let's go get dinner together later today because we are such good buddies"

1000 exploits could be in windows for 1000 years, and no one would ever know.. So, for now, it seems that linux is the best thing we have right now..

Comment

I am not against systemd but what I do not like is the option to take I do not use it. I really like Debian because of the universality, (too many kernel ...) and do not want to fork but I do not want to change the characteristics of the project. I like the progress but with caution:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

I have a lot to say and listen to my bad english but hinders. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

The truest reason behind all the hate against systemd.

Originally posted by debianfork.org
          Hi. I'm a professional Unix and Linux systems admin. I work at Magellan Healthcare in the operations department. My title is Senior System Administrator. I've been doing this job at various places of employment for 19 years. I've been involved with Unix since 1988. I have a beard. It is quite gray. Please keep me in the loop on the Debian fork. I will help preserve our way of life if I can.

Comment

I am not against systemd but what I do not like is the option to take I do not use it.
            The option is still available. As a favour, please visit http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ and inform yourself about systemd rather than going on a random website. Try it yourself and make your own conclusion.

I really like Debian because of the universality, (too many kernel ...) and do not want to fork but I do not want to change the characteristics of the project.
            [/quote]
            Then the other kernels should be treated as experiments and must not interfere with the main development notably the Linux kernel version. In reality, Debian is Linux distribution due to high concentration of manpower compared to other kernels like kfreebsd and hurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
              The truest reason behind all the hate against systemd.
              True reason is: Gnome became linux worst decease and it is for about 5 years Those admins remember things... i believe it started here:

That is what i think, around month later De Icaza get award from Microsoft 2 years later he say Linux is killed by Apple, one year later he use (Mac) OS_X.

In the meantime only gays left around Gnome and it is imposibile to argue with those, that is why people getting sick - it is not just systemd, it is Gnome Foundation - place where gays have full command
              Last edited by dungeon; 23 October 2014, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                In the meantime only gays left around Gnome and it is imposibile to argue with those, that is why people getting sick - it is not just systemd, it is Gnome Foundation - place where gays have full command
                What would being gay have to do with arguing or managing a foundation? (regardless of the actual number of gay people there)

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                  What would being gay have to do with arguing or managing a foundation? (regardless of the actual number of gay people there)
                  Nothing just said what i think happens there and that is why people not involved in Gnome complain like that.

I will help preserve our way of life if I can.
                  Last edited by dungeon; 23 October 2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                    The option is still available. As a favour, please visit http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ and inform yourself about systemd rather than going on a random website. Try it yourself and make your own conclusion.
                    Then the other kernels should be treated as experiments and must not interfere with the main development notably the Linux kernel version. In reality, Debian is Linux distribution due to high concentration of manpower compared to other kernels like kfreebsd and hurd.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the county but I read it too, (over 16 hours) and I already have formed an opinion and I think it's good the way that Debian now. Nice talking with you.

Comment

Then the other kernels should be treated as experiments and must not interfere with the main development notably the Linux kernel version. In reality, Debian is Linux distribution due to high concentration of manpower compared to other kernels like kfreebsd and hurd.
                      Thanks for the county but I read it too, (over 16 hours) and I already have formed an opinion and I think it's good the way that Debian now. Nice talking with you.[/QUOTE]

I mean, with Debian boot system options.

Comment

Working...
                      X