Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    Reminds me of the US congress.
    I keep thinking the same thing. Although US Congress is actually (somehow) slower
    Last edited by pouar; 17 October 2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

The are Debian users left to even discuss this?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        The are Debian users left to even discuss this?
        There aren't?

Comment

First good news in months.

It will avoid Debian becoming accidentally locked in to a particular init system (for example, because so much unrelated software has ended up depending on a particular init system that the burden of effort required to change init system becomes too great).
          Yes... er... accidentally.

Comment

Really starting to think that Jackson had some kind of mental break and is no longer in touch with reality. Does he think that Gnome will be patched to not need logind? Or maybe he wants it removed all together, even after it just resumed it's position as default?

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
              Really starting to think that Jackson had some kind of mental break and is no longer in touch with reality.
              it became clear during default init selection process

Comment

Freedom of Choice my ass he wants the DD's to bow down to him as he campaigns to kill systemd logind there if no Freedom in this

Comment

Yeah... it's a good idea Ian!
                  And an idea better than that is to put on your shoulders all the work to patch all the upstream projects and the following work to maintain those patches downstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
                    Really starting to think that Jackson had some kind of mental break and is no longer in touch with reality. Does he think that Gnome will be patched to not need logind?
                    I don?t know the specifics but Funtoo has patched Gnome 3 to work without systemd.
                    You may have noticed that GNOME 3.12.2 is now part of Funtoo Linux, and does *not* require systemd. Many thanks to Dantrell B. for spearheading the effort to make this happen! With GNOME 3.12 integrated into our tree, we were able to unfork a lot of ebuilds and align more closely with Gentoo. For...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      It just really annoys me how debian prides itself in stability, yet my cutting-edge Arch setup has been running stable (on an overclocked system) for roughly 2 years straight with only 1 significant hiccup along the way.
                      Why not just switch them all to Arch.

Never understood the whole unstable comments about arch.. 1. They do have a testing repo 2. the packages they use are all stable releases from the package creator for the most part.. People that tend to have problems get packages from the AUR or do something stupid 9/10 times.. Now there are times something just goes weird, not saying your hiccup wasnt that case, but the wiki on arch and their blog with updates really make it one the best distros out there.

Course debian is supposed tobe stable they use packages that are a 1-2 years old

Comment

Working...
                      X