Oracle & Canonical Collaborate Over Their Competing Linux OSes On OpenStack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
    i'd say timing of adoption 16.04 is more curious here. it's just about the time frame when debian developers will do all the work
    Yes, but I said it's rather strange because a lot of people have been trying for Ubuntu to adopt systemd; but being the only reason officialy stated as "because Debian switched to systemd", it's just ignoring the community.

Comment

???

Originally posted by Paul-L View Post
      Yes, but I said it's rather strange because a lot of people have been trying for Ubuntu to adopt systemd; but being the only reason officialy stated as "because Debian switched to systemd", it's just ignoring the community.
      what community? i prefer upstart is more easy to work and more stable,.. and ppl gain some brains 90% of work in linux work is made by ppl who work for big companies, intel, red hat etc etc nothing is amateur today... stop with the hate and gain some brains

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
        what community? i prefer upstart is more easy to work and more stable,.. and ppl gain some brains 90% of work in linux work is made by ppl who work for big companies, intel, red hat etc etc nothing is amateur today... stop with the hate and gain some brains
        Community, like their own forums, mail lists. I never said which one was better, and anyway they are ignoring you now too, since they are switching to systemd, and because Upstart development was taken over by Canonical, all you can expect now is "amateur" fixes because they won't maintain it anymore.

Comment

??

Originally posted by Paul-L View Post
          Community, like their own forums, mail lists. I never said which one was better, and anyway they are ignoring you now too, since they are switching to systemd, and because Upstart development was taken over by Canonical, all you can expect now is "amateur" fixes because they won't maintain it anymore.
          man my primary pc is archlinux with gnome... lol ignoring me? i?m not a child who needs affection. canonical is a company not a foundation, red hat give up from desktop many years ago, why so hate against only canonical? they are the only linux distro maker who puts ppl in linux desktop, i don t see a newcomer going to arch, or gentoo or even fedora, they push some patchs from dma-buffers for hybrid laptops in kernel 3.17! stop the hate pls

Comment

Windows user hates Windows goes to Ubuntu. Hates Ubuntu goes back to Windows or goes to Mint,Arch,Gentoo,Debian,Fedora......

Sorry couldn't help myself. I personally don't see too much wrong with Ubuntu it's clout really does benefit the ecosystem to a degree anyhow.

Comment

Upstart being easier to work with is subjective. It has nothing to do with its complexity. It's just that you're used to it.

As for the claim that it's more stable I hope you have some numbers to back that up and not some anecdotal evidence.

Comment

man my primary pc is archlinux with gnome... lol ignoring me? i?m not a child who needs affection. canonical is a company not a foundation, red hat give up from desktop many years ago, why so hate against only canonical? they are the only linux distro maker who puts ppl in linux desktop, i don t see a newcomer going to arch, or gentoo or even fedora, they push some patchs from dma-buffers for hybrid laptops in kernel 3.17! stop the hate pls
                You say you prefer Upstart, that's why I said, no support for you. I don't see as many complaints about Red Hat as for Canonical, but well, if for you criticizing only means hating (where I clearly stated that I do not criticize for hating but because I want the distro to improve, since I am a user of it); then pretty much talking to you is like talking to a wall.

And then you say "nothin is amateur today", but you are using Arch Linux (I also use it too), just look at the AUR and say it's not amateur, for god's sake...

(Hint, try to install Catalyst)

Comment

It's all good

I for one am glad to have more options in choosing a linux platform for oracle. Sorry to disappoint the ubuntu bashers, but I like ubuntu server; I've deployed it for various production tasks over the past 5 years and it's been solid.

Comment

ppl?

... who puts ppl in linux desktop, ...
                    What is "ppl"?

Comment

Whether you hate one or both as a matter of OSS principle or whatever, this isn't an event targeted to you at all. This is for businesses and it's not insignificant. When you're a business betting the farm or a big piece of it on a stack, whether or not your vendor supports XYZ probably dictates whether or not you utilize XYZ in your environment.

Again -- if you avoid both companies like the plague, good for you and they aren't worried whether you do or not. But to businesses who couldn't give a crap less about the stuff you're getting wound up about, this announcement means something.

Comment

Working...
                      X