Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manjaro Linux Developers Experience A Mass Exodus [Updated]

Phoronix: Manjaro Linux Developers Experience A Mass Exodus

It seems all of the Manjaro Linux developers might have parted way with the distribution's development except for the project leader...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, you've allowed yourself to be duped, since i am a Manjaro development team member and interestingly, I am not Phil Muller.

A handful of people left, one of them has gone on to attempt to 'troll' us by any avenue he can (including malicious attacks on web servers, impersonation of us on other website/services, and much more), of which this Phoronix article is assisting him with. The Manjaro team still stands at at least 15+ people.

Of those who left, only one was a "core" team member, the rest were forum moderators and one was an edition maintainer.

In future Michael if you have any questions about Manjaro please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Rob McCathie

Comment

Not quite.

Yes, several team members have moved on. No, there is not just Phil remaining.

There's even an announcement here, stickied at the top of the "Announcements" section of the forum: https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=14971.0

Did you think about checking any facts before posting this article?

Comment

Originally posted by korrode View Post
        Michael, you've allowed yourself to be duped, since i am a Manjaro development team member and interestingly, I am not Phil Muller.

A handful of people left, one of them has gone on to attempt to 'troll' us by any avenue he can (including malicious attacks on web servers, impersonation of us on other website/services, and much more), of which this Phoronix article is assisting him with. The Manjaro team still stands at at least 15+ people.

Of those who left, only one was a "core" team member, the rest were forum moderators and one was an edition maintainer.

In future Michael if you have any questions about Manjaro please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
        Rob McCathie
        Yeah, I was wondering just what exactly Micheal's "Sources" were on this, as I haven't seen anything about this (though I remember seeing a couple people leave like a month ago, which is old news and maybe related?)

Comment

Arch link is dead. I'm assuming the thread was removed. As for the Manjaro thread, all I see is a lot of broken English, community managing to attack each other and every Manjaro developer, and Manjaro developers attacking other developers.

I highly doubt such a high-profile distribution will cease due to something like this. At most it's a small bump that interrupts development.
          The only way I see this distribution going away is if one of the developers that has access to the servers sabotages them.

I don't care who did what or who did what first, it appears everyone is at fault of something by this point.
          I'm sure the competent members of their community will step up to maintain parts of Manjaro if needed.

Kinda reminds me of sidux/aptosid/siduction.

Comment

Manjaro devs really can't wait to help Operating System U development

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
              Arch link is dead. I'm assuming the thread was removed. As for the Manjaro thread, all I see is a lot of broken English, community managing to attack each other and every Manjaro developer, and Manjaro developers attacking other developers.

I highly doubt such a high-profile distribution will cease due to something like this. At most it's a small bump that interrupts development.
              The only way I see this distribution going away is if one of the developers that has access to the servers sabotages them.

I don't care who did what or who did what first, it appears everyone is at fault of something by this point.
              I'm sure the competent members of their community will step up to maintain parts of Manjaro if needed.

Kinda reminds me of sidux/aptosid/siduction.
              The arch forum moderator binned the thread so you need to login to se it.

Comment

The thread on the Arch forums with posts by "Philm" and "Rob" are not posts made by Phil Muller or myself (Rob McCathie).
                They are just the troll attempting to impersonate us.

Comment

I'm not sure but the phtilm posting in the arch thread could be fake. I'm pretty sure he has a old account with some posts but this is a account with only one post. Also the way it is formulated is suspect.if what korrode says is true.

Comment

I'm on the Manjaro team that maintains the MATE side and this is hog wash, you need to listen to korrode. People are trolling and impersonating. There are still lots of people let to pick up slack that are on the team .

Lane Wiscombe,

Comment

Working...
                    X