Clear All

Manjaro Devs to OSU

Originally posted by kertoxol View Post
    Manjaro devs really can't wait to help Operating System U development
    Ha! You beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by kertoxol View Post
      Manjaro devs really can't wait to help Operating System U development
      That's almost as bad as the time Debian lost half its devs to Sphinux.

Comment

The trolling even extended to the AUR repo on Arch. There "were" some childish people in the Manjaro dev community, and I for one am glad they are gone. I enjoy using Manjaro (even though I'm primarily an Arch user).

Comment

Manjaro is by far the best distro I have ever used, I hope it gets stronger. Devs leaving is not necessarily something that shouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by anex View Post
            I'm on the Manjaro team that maintains the MATE side and this is hog wash, you need to listen to korrode. People are trolling and impersonating. There are still lots of people let to pick up slack that are on the team .
            ...why?

Comment

Updates / Related info:

The Arch Linux forum thread referenced in the article now clearly shows the posts were made by a troll impersonating us:

Some insight can be gained from my post to the AUR general mailing list:

Phil has made a statement here:

With some further comment here:

@Michael:
              I appeal to you to simply delete the article (not this forum thread), it literally only exists as result of misinformation from an outright troll.
              Last edited by korrode; 09 July 2014, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Dear Michael,

Originally posted by korrode View Post
                Michael, you've allowed yourself to be duped, since i am a Manjaro development team member and interestingly, I am not Phil Muller.

A handful of people left, one of them has gone on to attempt to 'troll' us by any avenue he can (including malicious attacks on web servers, impersonation of us on other website/services, and much more), of which this Phoronix article is assisting him with. The Manjaro team still stands at at least 15+ people.

Of those who left, only one was a "core" team member, the rest were forum moderators and one was an edition maintainer.

In future Michael if you have any questions about Manjaro please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
                Rob McCathie
                Michael,
                I've been a follower of phoronix for the last 3+ years. I've seen you increasing the pace of new articles produced. I'm a workaholic too. But I've had to reduce my daily worktime to 10 hours or less, because it had a serious impact on the quality of my work.

The quality of your articles has decreased significantly. You may have gotten away with being "duped" this time. Please stop your "10 articles a day" mantra. I don't want to see you making a complete fool out of yourself.

Again: I prefer one single well researched article a day over 10 shallow fifteen-liners.

regards Willi ...

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
                  Michael,
                  I've been a follower of phoronix for the last 3+ years. I've seen you increasing the pace of new articles produced. I'm a workaholic too. But I've had to reduce my daily worktime to 10 hours or less, because it had a serious impact on the quality of my work.

The quality of your articles has decreased significantly. You may have gotten away with being "duped" this time. Please stop your "10 articles a day" mantra. I don't want to see you making a complete fool out of yourself.

Again: I prefer one single well researched article a day over 10 shallow fifteen-liners.

regards Willi ...
                  B-b-but what will happen to clicks/hour?

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
                    Michael,

regards Willi ...
                    You mean this wasn't already happening?

Phoronix is and always has been a Linux tabloid.

Every article is graced with Michael's shit-eating grin that screams "how can I manipulate the FLOSS community today?".

Comment

Originally posted by korrode View Post
                      Some insight can be gained from my post to the AUR general mailing list:
                      I have no idea what the internal conflict was about (and i don't really care), but you will probably find this useful:

Comment

Working...
                      X