Red Hat Announces General Availability Of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
    You need space > 16TB? What do you run, movie streaming site or something?
    Database server. I think it's 48TB after the RAID takes out a few disks.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
      You need space > 16TB? What do you run, movie streaming site or something?
      "Big Data" (tm) databases and file storage tend to chew up a lot of storage.
      I've worked with NAS arrays as large as 1PB (composed from ~1000 x 1TB drives) and single server arrays as large as 100TB.
      In both cases, you are forced to work with dozens of sub-volumes that make life a living hell (E.g. having to deal with 50 logical arrays that require two letter device suffix [/dev/sdaf]).
      ... Hence the need for a file system that can handle 500TB

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
        The buttons look fine.
        Yeah, but you likely just have bad taste in visual design. Those buttons really are ugly and old fashioned.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
          Yeah, but you likely just have bad taste in visual design. Those buttons really are ugly and old fashioned.
          Eh, bite me.

Comment

Hehe.

Though buttons aside, I am quite looking forward to getting my hands on this. I have been using Oracle Unbreakable Linux as my Linux of choice for a while now (because even though the userland is RHEL 6, it uses a much newer 3.x kernel). However "cutting edge" tools and multimedia are starting to not compile smoothly anymore or have an up-to-date package available.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
              I'm with Hamish on this one. The buttons are fine and not ugly at all. Although then likely you're just one of those fashion freaks who doesn't actually have taste and instead really just wants what's trendy (and in reality just looks idiotic). :P

Comment

Working...
              X