Fedora 21 Picks Up More Features, KDE Plasma To Be A Product In F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Pingu just need to blow some steam. He knows very well that KDE just got further degraded in Fedora Land. So let him talk all he wants!
    How, specifically, was it degraded? It maintained its QA and blocking status, and now it has been recommended that KDE be promoted. The absolute worst-case scenario is that things stay how they have always been, and the best-case scenario (which all indications are is the one we are most likely to see) KDE will get a big boost.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      How, specifically, was it degraded? It maintained its QA and blocking status, and now it has been recommended that KDE be promoted. The absolute worst-case scenario is that things stay how they have always been, and the best-case scenario (which all indications are is the one we are most likely to see) KDE will get a big boost.
      This is correct. Either it will remain a spin or become a product. A product maybe a step up with more overhead. In either case, there is no degradation. It is a growing sub community within Fedora, partly because it has gained more volunteers and partly because Red Hat has hired more full time KDE developers who have developed major upstream components such as the plasma network manager UI

Comment

Try to be DE Agnostic...

I find myself using KDE more often than not anymore. I do cycle through XFCE, Gnome, Cinnamon, and sometimes Mate on a semi regular basis. I enjoy each for a time, for different reasons. Then, I find myself back on KDE for a good long while again. I do try other desktops as well on occasion... Good to hear KDE really is stepping up, distro-wise.

Comment

Working...
        X