X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by smorovic View Post
    Wow, this is in two years. Is it really going to take this long to migrate? I'd say a few months should be enough to get it done. And they basically have most of the work already done in Fedora and other systemd distributions.
    Again, "by" means "at the time between now and the date mentioned", so if things go extremely well it could even be in 14.10.

Leave a comment:

• smorovic
    replied
    Wow, this is in two years. Is it really going to take this long to migrate? I'd say a few months should be enough to get it done. And they basically have most of the work already done in Fedora and other systemd distributions.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post
    With this and the Mir story, I guess 16.04 is the new Ubuntu pie in the sky? The date they put on anything they don't know when they can have finished?
    This is "by", Mir is "in".

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    With this and the Mir story, I guess 16.04 is the new Ubuntu pie in the sky? The date they put on anything they don't know when they can have finished?

Leave a comment:

• pdffs
    replied
    The link to the session notes points back to the Phoronix article.

Leave a comment:

• missionaccomplished
    replied
    Nice to see Ubuntu moving things forward

Had to chuckle a bit watching Steve Langasek discussing systemd after he had voted against it as the next Debian init. No matter what the purists say, systemd turned out to be the better init system; Upstart had potential, but development stagnated and major issues were never dealt with. Anyone know when systemd will be introduced as the default init in Ubuntu? The sooner they rip out Upstart code, the better; they can focus more on Mir and other technologies that could make Ubuntu an even better distro than it already is.

Leave a comment:

• Ubuntu Systemd Plans: Will Be Default By Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Phoronix: Ubuntu Systemd Plans: Will Be Default By Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Now that Ubuntu has pledged support to systemd moving forward in place of their in-house Upstart project, developers are starting to figure out the systemd migration path...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X