Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    debian always had some problems
    Yeap, being stable, not spying on its users, using common sense to maintain the system, sending bugs/fixes upstream and not competing with other distros on that topic are some of the problems of debian.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
      Yeap, being stable, not spying on its users, using common sense to maintain the system, sending bugs/fixes upstream and not competing with other distros on that topic are some of the problems of debian.
      not exactly

ffado driver, old version, my studio card not working
      alsa old version, my delta 1010 didnt worked on alsa, need to set up jack [not work out of box]
      couldnot install some packages i need [designed for ubuntu]

init scripts of some programs out of box, sometimes problem with packages like propetriary version of firebird db server [yes i have to use cripled version, because soft require this version] works good only on ubuntu server, not work good in debian and normal ubuntu

want more? so stop laughing and troll.

i know all of this problems could be solved, but it need my time, need to read 1000 pages of manuals of alsa, how to install/recompile it without fucking up whole audio system

yes. iam not typical user with intel HD audio so i have problems sometimes.

init scripts are not that pain in ass, but still, would be good if they will use same initscript managers

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
        I wish there was a middle ground where we could get long term stability with new kernel and drivers and the option of selective more recent packages. I tried the suggested workarounds (run testing, mix release repos) and could never get a satisfactory solution.
        Give SolydK distro a try

Comment

Working...
        X