Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Major Music Company Now Backs Systemd In Debian

Phoronix: A Major Music Company Now Backs Systemd In Debian

Yesterday on Phoronix I mentioned Debian looked to be leaning in favor of using systemd over Upstart for its default init system given the latest comments by the technical committee members. The latest support for systemd in Debian comes from a streaming music company that's a major user of Debian GNU/Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I asume the debian developers are not that impressed by this statement, although I hope they decide for systemd.

Damn... need to get rid of my ubuntu installation

Comment

Glad to see spotify getting more involved with linux, now I just wish they'd add media key functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by porken View Post
        Glad to see spotify getting more involved with linux, now I just wish they'd add media key functionality.
        You can usually bind some hotkey to send D-Bus messages to Spotify, but yes they need global hotkey support.

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
          I asume the debian developers are not that impressed by this statement, although I hope they decide for systemd.

Damn... need to get rid of my ubuntu installation
          It will impress only if the intention is to contribute. If not, it is only a opinion. And opinion do not impress developers.

Comment

the opinion of a company with a bad softwer that live forever in beta state. Radio doesn't work well with this version on others languages, fu.. you spotify.

Comment

Don't forget Valve made it clear the reason SteamOS is built off Debian instead of Ubuntu was Canonical's Contributor License Agreement which applies to Upstart.

Comment

Have they donated to the project debian? 5000 servers with debian! Lecheers

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
                  need to get rid of my ubuntu installation
                  siduction is calling for you (and I think the latest releases are already using systemd...).

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    siduction is calling for you (and I think the latest releases are already using systemd...).
                    Hahaha... Thanks, had to google this one but looks promising and also debian based . Think i'll switch to debian some time in te future. After mir my ubuntu-enthousiasm hit an all-time low.

Comment

Working...
                    X