• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat is now sponsoring CentOS

Here the official announcement:
    http://community.redhat.com/blog/201...medium=twitter

And the FAQs:
    http://community.redhat.com/centos-f...ans_for_centos

CentOS web site has been overhauled also.

After further reading, it seem that the partnership is to provide a stable community platform with image variations available, that have selected package (Openstack software stack for example) that are updated.
    Last edited by iniudan; 01-07-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Another further reading... it seem Red Hat has hired the current CentOS team member and is now in control of CentOS governance board, which is composed of 11 member, of which 6 must now be Red Hat employee.

Between current CentOS Project team members hired by Red Hat, and existing Red Hat employees forming the initial board, Red Hat employees comprise the majority of the Governing Board. Based upon the merit criteria, the existing board may nominate additional board members from either within or outside of Red Hat. The board is capped at a total of 11 directors and must consist of a majority of Red Hat employees.
      Last edited by iniudan; 01-07-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Variant are still only at a proposal stage, but if it go through they are aiming for them to start been available this summer.

Personally, I am interested in the variant part, has CentOS is my distro when it come to the workstation.

P.S. Sorry for the multiple post, but only have limited time to edit and not the fastest reader.

Comment

Headline should be more like "RedHat has bought CentOS" then?

Comment

Sounds like this new CentOS should fill the gap between Fedora and RHEL?

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
              Headline should be more like "RedHat has bought CentOS" then?
              Couldn't no longer edit original post after I found that out. Not that it a bad thing, considered what CentOS is.

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Sounds like this new CentOS should fill the gap between Fedora and RHEL?
              That what I am guessing also, especially since it seem to be what Red Hat is saying in the FAQ.
              Last edited by iniudan; 01-07-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X