Debian To Switch To Systemd Or Upstart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 0xCAFE View Post
    There is no BSD trend. There are ~10 Debian/kFreeBSD users dragging us millions of Debian/GNU Linux users technologically down.
    What a brain dead remark.

FreeBSD 10.x is when you see a big push to FreeBSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
      Really, they could. Much is made of the ability to run Debian on kernels other than Linux, but the proportion of their users that actually do so is negligible. If they dropped support for BSD and Hurd, there'd be a bit of fuss and drama over it, but I don't think it would actually hurt them...
      Systemd is Linux's copy to OS X's Launchd.

FreeBSD will be just fine and kFreeBSD from Debian will continue to evolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by gens View Post
        i like having two sides
        it brings objectivity
        Creationists say the same when arguing in favor of putting their religious worldview in science textbooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Where exactly? According to netmarketshare it has 0% of market share.

Comment

Systemd is Linux's copy to OS X's Launchd.

FreeBSD will be just fine and kFreeBSD from Debian will continue to evolve.
            No, it's not just a copy of launchd. It's much more and better. I doubt freebsd will be doing fine, but everyone has the right to dream. kfreebsd in Debian has no users compared to Linux, so it's hardly an evolution. It will be creationism when it goes from zero to 0,1%. Something from nothing means creation or miracle in this case.

Comment

No, not braindead. 0xCAFE's comment was about Debian GNU/kFreeBSD (=Debian with FreeBSD's kernel) not FreeBSD itself. Holding superiour technologies back because of stupid Debian GNU/kFreeBSD or Debian GNU/Hurd is the actually braindead thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                And here's a lengthy analysis of the situation my Lennart Poettering:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11554768...ts/8RmiAQsW9qf
                I find it strange. Poettering goes on to say that they, the folks behind systemd, are not trying to destroy UNIX. Then he says that they are trying to create a great Linux infrastructure. Isn't the whole UNIX idea to do one thing and do it good? I mean they are creating this monolithic mass, the upstart + logind example is a good testament to it, desktop environments such as GNOME are at a point that they are dependent on it, and then he tells the Debian devs to thoroughly consider their options. It seems confusing.

Comment

• 120 posts just because Canonical's software is included in the article. Trolls everywhere I look! OMG!

Comment

• Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                    I find it strange. Poettering goes on to say that they, the folks behind systemd, are not trying to destroy UNIX. Then he says that they are trying to create a great Linux infrastructure. Isn't the whole UNIX idea to do one thing and do it good? I mean they are creating this monolithic mass, the upstart + logind example is a good testament to it, desktop environments such as GNOME are at a point that they are dependent on it, and then he tells the Debian devs to thoroughly consider their options. It seems confusing.
                    This Unix idea to do one thing and do it good it's nothing, but hypocrisy. X proves I'm right. Unix had nothing against X, why? It's monolithic mass, isn't it? However, X isn't Linux exclusive and this is where Unix hypocrisy lies.

Comment

• LOL!

Hahaha! this is funny, now people is saying they will uninstall debian if upstart is adopted, what a stupid mentality. I don't care what init system they use if I can still do "service name command".

I recently installed arch on my laptop because its software is much more updated than that of debian and I started hating having to upgrade my ubuntu every 6 months, but hey debian is so much more easy to setup for many things like a webserver, everything comes preconfigured and with tools like a2enmod, php5enmod, they make the life much more easier, while on arch you have to dirty your hands with every conf file.

Anyways this is dumb, so much ubuntu haters wtf, maybe some redhat employees are creating fake accounts to troll everything canonical does. Sickening already...

Comment

Working...
                      X