FC6 is freakin' awesome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    So is everything now golden on FC6 or what issues are you still facing?
    The only issue I can't seem to solve is getting my WinTV 150 to work. If I can't watch tv using fc6 I may use another distro.

Comment

Originally posted by kjrnec View Post
      The only issue I can't seem to solve is getting my WinTV 150 to work. If I can't watch tv using fc6 I may use another distro.
      I had setup a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 on Fedora Core 6 just yesterday. What problems are you running into? I had the thing going in under five minutes.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I had setup a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 on Fedora Core 6 just yesterday. What problems are you running into? I had the thing going in under five minutes.
        I've always used tvtime with the bttv drivers in fc4 but I read somewhere you can no longer do that in fc6. So I tried loading ivtv drivers and using xawtv, vlc, kdetv, and mythtv none of them work.

Comment

I've always used tvtime with the bttv drivers in fc4 but I read somewhere you can no longer do that in fc6. So I tried loading ivtv drivers and using xawtv, vlc, kdetv, and mythtv none of them work.

/sbin/lspci -v
          00:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
          Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR 150
          Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 193
          Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
          Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

/bin/dmesg |grep Initialized
          ieee1394: Initialized config rom entry `ip1394'
          ivtv0: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150, card #0
          [drm] Initialized drm 1.0.1 20051102
          [drm] Initialized radeon 1.25.0 20060524 on minor 0

Comment

Are you building ivtv from source or from ATRPMS? Try ATRPMS if the source didn't work. Make sure the firmware is installed as well. The wilsonet Mythtvology might be good as well.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Are you building ivtv from source or from ATRPMS? Try ATRPMS if the source didn't work. Make sure the firmware is installed as well. The wilsonet Mythtvology might be good as well.
              I at first tried building from source but then switched to using the wilsonet guide. I'm not interested in recording so mythtv is overkill I just want to watch tv like I used to in fc4.

I've never had so much trouble getting things to work in Linux since switching to fc6. At first it was the kernel mismatch problem then AIGLX wouldn't work with fglrx drivers and now I can't use tvtime because its not compatible with ivtv drivers. Luckily my fc4 box still does everything I want but without support.

Comment

Update

I at first tried building from source but then switched to using the wilsonet guide. I'm not interested in recording so mythtv is overkill I just want to watch tv like I used to in fc4.

I've never had so much trouble getting things to work in Linux since switching to fc6. At first it was the kernel mismatch problem then AIGLX wouldn't work with fglrx drivers and now I can't use tvtime because its not compatible with ivtv drivers. Luckily my fc4 box still does everything I want but without support.
                I finally got it working with vlc but mythtv still refuses to work correctly.

Comment

Working...
                X