Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Alpha "Heisenbug" Is Now Out For Testing

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Alpha "Heisenbug" Is Now Out For Testing

After a one week delay, Fedora 20 is now up to being in an alpha quality state. Now it's your chance to give a first shot for this Red Hat sponsored Linux distribution codenamed Heisenbug...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if this Alpha has the easy GUI option to test wayland as has been promised before.

Comment

Originally posted by pakf View Post
      I wonder if this Alpha has the easy GUI option to test wayland as has been promised before.
      On login screen after pressing the username, select the gear beside the blue enter button and choose "Gnome in Wayland".

Comment

{insert joke about breaking bad}

Comment

Alright.

I am the one who DOWNLOADS.

Comment

Bye Bye RebeccaBlackOS

I don't have to download RebeccaBlackOS to use a LiveCD with Wayland anymore :-)

--->> Downloading right now to play with this on VirtualBox

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              {insert joke about breaking bad}
              They kinda missed an opportunity here.

Comment

It seems they've made it impossible to try the Wayland preview under LiveCD.

Comment

Originally posted by rudregues View Post
                  I don't have to download RebeccaBlackOS to use a LiveCD with Wayland anymore :-)

--->> Downloading right now to play with this on VirtualBox
                  I think that VirtualBox and VMware will not work with guests systems using Wayland and the same goes for Mir and XMir.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                    On login screen after pressing the username, select the gear beside the blue enter button and choose "Gnome in Wayland".
                    I don't see the option.
                    Is there something else I have to install to get Wayland working on this alpha build?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X