• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intellivision
    replied
    Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
    Slackware aims at stability.
    That would explain why they haven't adopted systemd yet.

Leave a comment:

• squirrl
    replied
    Originally posted by Zplay View Post
    I would like to add that Slackware is now shipping Firefox ESR and Thunderbird ESR, which are "long" term support versions. They downgraded back some months ago to this versions (I've lost the in-browser PDF reader when going back to Firefox 17 ESR).

I'm happily running slackware-current since a few months, this is the most stable system I've used. Packages aren't updated to major versions, and you may have to struggle a bit with slackbuilds, but at least your system doesn't get broken at every update.
    Wasn't that the version Screwy Squirrel Monkeys could crack on the GaT0R network.

Leave a comment:

• Zplay
    replied
    I would like to add that Slackware is now shipping Firefox ESR and Thunderbird ESR, which are "long" term support versions. They downgraded back some months ago to this versions (I've lost the in-browser PDF reader when going back to Firefox 17 ESR).

I'm happily running slackware-current since a few months, this is the most stable system I've used. Packages aren't updated to major versions, and you may have to struggle a bit with slackbuilds, but at least your system doesn't get broken at every update.

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    The Mesa version is sadly at 9.1.6 rather than 9.2.0 for having the latest and greatest open-source graphics drivers.
    Slackware aims at stability. From the Mesa release notes:
    Mesa 9.2 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 9.2.1.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Slackware 14.1 Goes Into Beta, Brings New Packages

Slackware 14.1 Goes Into Beta, Brings New Packages

Phoronix: Slackware 14.1 Goes Into Beta, Brings New Packages

The first beta of the unexpected Slackware 14.1 Linux distribution is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X