Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Will Likely Have Another Goofy Codename

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Will Likely Have Another Goofy Codename

It's time to vote for another Fedora codename, this time for Fedora 20, and it's likely to be yet another weird/goofy codename to succeed recent names like Beefy Miracle and Spherical Cow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I vote Superego, one bitch of a name!

Comment

Goofy names because Fedora is a goofy distro, a test bed for Red Hat. I tried using Gnome 3 and I can see why Red Hat went for the "classic" version which they had to include into the .iso otherwise their PR staff would be screwed. I used to program with Gtk but started learning Qt and comparing it to Gtk it just reinforced my former belief that Gnome and Gtk were adhoc solutions for Red Hat (like AWT for Java) that they never bothered fixing from the ground up. Gtk itself is full of wacky names and solutions, not to mention Gtk3 doesn't work (properly or at all) on windows.
      If Fedora went for KDE as the default option (and while at it dump Gnome/gtk altogether) and treated the users as users (not as hackers) it would be a different story, but it would be too smart and ballsy even for Red Hat.
      Last edited by mark45; 22 August 2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Well, ?sterreich is not that bad of a codename. Heisenbug is a really good "is a" connection.
        Chateaubriand ? Brian's Castle Daemon?

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Goofy names because Fedora is a goofy distro, a test bed for Red Hat.
          A test bed with 20,000+ packages deplaced on some well-known firms like Yahoo, Pixar to name a few.
          Read this post

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X