• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    nice thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      ARM, Application installer, sendmail purged from default? Desktop and tablets, brace yourself. Fedora for human beings are coming.
      What if ARM desktops or laptops ever take off? This is always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        What if ARM desktops or laptops ever take off? This is always possible.
        The fastest selling laptop in Amazon for the last several months has been a ARM based laptop called Samsung Chromebook. So that future is already here. Note however the Chromebook only runs Chrome and web apps. So the use cases are different but clearly very very popular since they are cheap and sometimes better than a tablet.

Comment

The fastest selling laptop in Amazon for the last several months has been a ARM based laptop called Samsung Chromebook. So that future is already here. Note however the Chromebook only runs Chrome and web apps. So the use cases are different but clearly very very popular since they are cheap and sometimes better than a tablet.
          they have keys and a screen which you don't get smudgy after 5 minutes of work, of course thy are better than tablets

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
            they have keys and a screen which you don't get smudgy after 5 minutes of work, of course thy are better than tablets
            That doesn't follow. I have used tablets for hours without any smudging and tablets can run more apps than chromebook does but chromebook is better for typing. Each has its own advantages.

Comment

That doesn't follow. I have used tablets for hours without any smudging and tablets can run more apps than chromebook does but chromebook is better for typing. Each has its own advantages.
              I dont get whats the point of chromebooks? that android is working with them? ofthen batterie times arent that great, there are most of the time very expensive... so why would anybody buy that? Resolution are most of the time garbage, at least the ones that cost not >1000 dollar.

really I dont get the idea behind it, buy a bad as possible notebook? there are better 300-400 dollar full notebooks... dont get it. that they are touchable?

The point of tablets are that they are flexible and good to watch movies and they have big resolutions, long batterie times, and are cheap. nothing is true for chromebooks (except for 1200 dollars or so maybe).

dont understand why they are so successful in america, seems to me the worst offer ever...

But americans buy more often apple machines that also nearly no european understands.... they like extreme expensive stuff because its expensive I guess.

Comment

Kickstart works exactly the same way. If you miss anything, Anaconda will prompt for it. If it doesn't, that is a bug. All the other issues should be reported in bugzilla as well for the relevant developers to see it
                Thanks for that info. I did file a bug when I struggled to get my existing F18 system upgraded but because I only use Fedora at work, I often don't have the time to research an issue properly for a bug report. I don't like to create bug reports too hastily because they often turn out to be invalid or duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                  Thanks for that info. I did file a bug when I struggled to get my existing F18 system upgraded but because I only use Fedora at work, I often don't have the time to research an issue properly for a bug report. I don't like to create bug reports too hastily because they often turn out to be invalid or duplicate.
                  Well, if you do have pending issues, you can just file them and have a way to track them. If there is incomplete info, the developer would ask for it. It really doesn't take that much time IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                    I dont get whats the point of chromebooks? that android is working with them? ofthen batterie times arent that great, there are most of the time very expensive...
                    You are ranting about something you clearly havent looked at. Chromebook doesn't run Android and is among the cheapest laptops you can buy in U.S. Read the reviews if you want to understand the use cases better.

Comment

I dont see it, looked up the series 3, and at least today its nothing most people want, and wikipedia also says that it gets mostly bad reviews.

if you have to much tabs open its to slow... my zacate is to slow for me, waithing for kabini update thinkpad. ok its kind of cheap but you pay for that, 16gb ram I have a 120gb ssd better cpu (zacate), omg glare display fail...

sry nothing for me, but some small things are ok, passive cooling, and this wireless display. even I think that box is not included... and its kind of light.

But again no real competition against a fullhd 7" nexus 7 2 coming soon. and nothing comparable to a thinkpad or something... but ok I can see on that price that some people that are to stupid to install and manage a linux, are happy with that because its not garbage windows.

And ok its really cheap. that sells stuff... if they would release a successor with a descent resolution and other updates maybe that would be a tablet replacement... I am buying soon a 5" phone with full-hd resolution so this resolution is out of date... sry, yes my 2 year old thinkpad has the same but thats yes 2 years old, stuff changes. 1 year ago ips was a very special thing and TN was the mass-thing... now its ips big steps happen in shorter time ranges.
                      Last edited by blackiwid; 19 July 2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X