Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 19 Release Candidate 1 Is Ready

Phoronix: Fedora 19 Release Candidate 1 Is Ready

The hope is to officially release Fedora 19 next week while out quietly today is the release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Fedora 19 Release Candidate 1 Is Ready

The hope is to officially release Fedora 19 next week while out quietly today is the release candidate...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5NTU
    Just for comparison, and to immediately shut down all the "It didnt ship on time!!" people... Fedora 18 was 2 months late. This release was 1month late, and honestly is a much better (in terms of features) release. Congrats to the Fedora team, I plan on doing a FedUp upgrade on release-day to see how it goes-- will report back, but I will be wiping and installing overtop of it afterwards just because I'm changing around partitions.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
      Just for comparison, and to immediately shut down all the "It didnt ship on time!!" people... Fedora 18 was 2 months late. This release was 1month late, and honestly is a much better (in terms of features) release. Congrats to the Fedora team, I plan on doing a FedUp upgrade on release-day to see how it goes-- will report back, but I will be wiping and installing overtop of it afterwards just because I'm changing around partitions.
      Don't care if its late. Its semi-not-far-off, and totally free. Try finding a non-free OS that ships that close to on-time.

Comment

I don't understand how I can download it.

The original mailing list post seems a bit cryptic too me. Fedora's mirrors only have F19 Alpha and Beta versions.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          I don't understand how I can download it.

The original mailing list post seems a bit cryptic too me. Fedora's mirrors only have F19 Alpha and Beta versions.

Click your architecture and then 'iso' and then your download link. Fedora names release candidates as "TC" 's, if I remember right it stands for Test Candidate but regardless-- there ya go

Comment

I'm running Fedora 19 since beta, and it's been a really smooth ride so far.
            Especially Gnome Shell 3.8 is a real improvement over 3.6, I like how Gnome is incrementally getting better and better. :-)

And if Adam is reading this: Thank you. I know the QA people got a lot of flak for Anaconda in 18, but don't let that demotivate you,
            Anaconda in 19 is really better than in 18, and I encourage everyone to try it out once 19 is fully released.

In fact, I recently converted my parents PCs from Windows to Fedora (18), and even they really like it, especially the slick interface of Gnome Shell.

Good job guys!

Comment

I just realized there is a MASSIVE typo in my first post...

CORRECTION: Fedora 18 shipped 2 months late, Fedora 19 is set to ship 1 WEEK late-- not 1month.

Comment

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt...19-TC1/Fedora/

Click your architecture and then 'iso' and then your download link. Fedora names release candidates as "TC" 's, if I remember right it stands for Test Candidate but regardless-- there ya go
                Thanks! Obliged.

Comment

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt...19-TC1/Fedora/

That is really the test candidate from a while back (see the date in the files). If you want RC1, get it from

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                    That is really the test candidate from a while back (see the date in the files). If you want RC1, get it from

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-RC1/
                    Thanks for the correction Rahul, perhaps that could be made more obvious in the mailing list announcement next time. I only found the link that I did by best guess and what 'looked right.'

Comment

Working...
                    X