X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Considering the origins of the name "sid" for Debian, the pun "siduction" seems to have been rather poorly chosen to me. Eww.
    I don't give a flying fsck about Toy Story or mascots when I choose an OS, and I never thought about it that way....

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    I've been contemplating moving from aptosid to siduction, since siduction offered its own xfce 4.10 repo (among other reasons).
    Considering the origins of the name "sid" for Debian, the pun "siduction" seems to have been rather poorly chosen to me. Eww.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Meh, looks like they still haven't fixed random lockups on sandy/ivybridge (happens if you are using compositing doesn't matter if its kde or gnome) :/

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    It has old software like Linux kernel 3.2 instead of 3.9.
    And GNOME 3.4 not 3.8.
    that's the whole point of it.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Old software

It has old software like Linux kernel 3.2 instead of 3.9.
    And GNOME 3.4 not 3.8.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    If you read about the bugs, some of them are actually symptoms of the same bug while others are going to be marked not release-critical or already have fixes committed. There's nothing in the list that justifies holding up the release.

I would wait for the first point-release. It usually comes pretty quickly after the release.
    Exactly, usually the last few niggling bugs at release time get fixed in the first point release., so these aren't total showstoppers

Leave a comment:

• korrode
    replied
    Guess i'll start thinking about updating my server. Hopefully get around to it before the end of the year ;p

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    If you read about the bugs, some of them are actually symptoms of the same bug while others are going to be marked not release-critical or already have fixes committed. There's nothing in the list that justifies holding up the release.

I think I will wait a while longer Debian Squeeze is still working fine for me but I am looking forward to upgrading soon!
    I would wait for the first point-release. It usually comes pretty quickly after the release.

Leave a comment:

• cliff
    replied
    ?

I wonder why they are releasing it when there are still six critical bugs left?

I think I will wait a while longer Debian Squeeze is still working fine for me but I am looking forward to upgrading soon! Good job Dev's!

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by halo9en View Post
    Released? Good. So that means we can finally see a more recent gnome version (3.8...) in Sid sooner or later?
    Probably. There are already some 3.8 packages in experimental that were just waiting for freeze to end. The same thing goes for xfce 4.10 (which is what I've been waiting on). I've been contemplating moving from aptosid to siduction, since siduction offered its own xfce 4.10 repo (among other reasons).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X