No announcement yet.

Arch-Based Manjaro Linux Runs Against Ubuntu 13.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you plan to include a Gentoo box in the multi-distro comparision? It would be interesting to see the effect of optimizing for the local processor with -march=native.

Though essentially Gentoo is not a single distro. Off the top of my hat I would guess that at (almost) full-system LTO, march=native and -O2 vs. -O3 might make a difference. And naturally the desktop environment? (on a stock Gentoo you don?t necessarily have X?).

Comment

Originally posted by ArneBab View Post
      Do you plan to include a Gentoo box in the multi-distro comparision? It would be interesting to see the effect of optimizing for the local processor with -march=native.

Though essentially Gentoo is not a single distro. Off the top of my hat I would guess that at (almost) full-system LTO, march=native and -O2 vs. -O3 might make a difference. And naturally the desktop environment… (on a stock Gentoo you don’t necessarily have X…).
      I wonder why there still is no benchmark made for "full-system LTO, march=native and -O2 vs. -O3", not that i care about linux, its just that i saw hundreds of useless and freaky benchmarks made on phoronix by cocky linux fans, who thinks that linux is better (or will be after 1000 years) than any other os ( loool ), and to make this one should be equal to get nobel prize for achievements for linux, instead of getting a "Losers cap" So, who wants it ?

O.T.
      I was watching shameless last 4 season, and there was a campaign made by a few people with some big words, and i instantly thought about linux community Oh boy, that was a lot of fun
      Last edited by startzz; 29 April 2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by startzz View Post
        I wonder why there still is no benchmark made for "full-system LTO, march=native and -O2 vs. -O3", not that i care about linux, its just that i saw hundreds of useless and freaky benchmarks made on phoronix by cocky linux fans, who thinks that linux is better (or will be after 1000 years) than any other os ( loool ), and to make this one should be equal to get nobel prize for achievements for linux, instead of getting a "Losers cap" So, who wants it ?

O.T.
        I was watching shameless last 4 season, and there was a campaign made by a few people with some big words, and i instantly thought about linux community Oh boy, that was a lot of fun
        Come back when Windows runs on 80% of super computers, runs most of the infrastructure of the web, can be turned into special purpose version that is just 5 MB in size, runs more than a few phones or when you are able to fix a bug in your OS yourself.
        If Windows is superior to Linux all that should be achieved right now already, but for some reason those poor losers that actually make money with using computers of do some real work on them prefer those loser OSes, which should tell even the dumbest Windows troll something.

Comment

Working...
        X