Ubuntu SDK Looks Towards Qt Creator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
    Aint gonna happen. Unlike copyleft software Canonical can get all the shit they need from Qt. Because Qt is commercial, have DRM and a whack boon squad supporting all this craziness. These idiots like CLA, DRM, commercial shit and iOS.

Can you point to the source files and/or lines that have anything to do with digital rights management?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
      Why should they write their own IDE from scratch?
      Because that's what they do. See Mir. And yes, I was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Because that's what they do. See Mir. And yes, I was being sarcastic.
        I am aware of Mir. Phoronix community seems like one huge circlejerk. Never mind the facts or pragmatism. Just bash in unison anything that are not the way they want it to be.

Comment

I am aware of Mir. Phoronix community seems like one huge circlejerk. Never mind the facts or pragmatism. Just bash in unison anything that are not the way they want it to be.
          It was sarcastic FFS

Comment

http://qt.gitorious.org/
            Can you point to the source files and/or lines that have anything to do with digital rights management?
            I too would be interested in those lines/segments.
            I assume funkSTAR has done a thorough review of Qt's source code, so it should be very easy for him to poinpoint the offending lines (or segments), unless of course, he didn't actually review it.

Comment

Originally posted by j2723 View Post
              I too would be interested in those lines/segments.
              I assume funkSTAR has done a thorough review of Qt's source code, so it should be very easy for him to poinpoint the offending lines (or segments), unless of course, he didn't actually review it.
              From what i gather, funky is mad that someone once made an application with DRM that happened to use Qt?

I'm pretty sure people have done that with GTK, too... Sorry, funky.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                From what i gather, funky is mad that someone once made an application with DRM that happened to use Qt?

I'm pretty sure people have done that with GTK, too... Sorry, funky.
                I think he is arguing about the multi-licensing and business pactice of Trolltech (and now Digia), which allows companies to add DRM to proprietary versions of Qt.
                We are, however, using the GPL version on the desktop, not some proprietary modified Qt.

Last edited by j2723; 07 March 2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

QTCreator is the closest thing Linux has to visual studio and the only sane option for writing C++ if you don't fancy vim.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    I think that he is outraged that there are some people out there who, at some time, have used software which was not primarily funded and written by RedHat.

That's why he goes after anybody who doesn't use SystemD, PulseAudio, GNOME, GCC, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                      I think that he is outraged that there are some people out there who, at some time, have used software which was not primarily funded and written by RedHat.

That's why he goes after anybody who doesn't use SystemD, PulseAudio, GNOME, GCC, etc.
                      Well being non-evil like redhat is fine. However I would praise Intel more right now. They are commiting to levels where redhat dont go. Hardware, Valve etc. Im sorry if caring about sustainable freedom pisses u off. But hey you can just fuck off to iOS or the like.

Comment

Working...
                      X