Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SprezzOS: Linux On A Server In 120 Seconds

Phoronix: SprezzOS: Linux On A Server In 120 Seconds

Earlier this month I wrote about SprezzOS, a new Linux distribution where its developers boasted it's the most robust, beautiful, and performant Linux. Well, SprezzOS is now out in the while. The developers are now boasting they can install a Linux server in 120 seconds with their operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shut up and take my money!

Comment

...basically the installer that Debian uses with a modified partitioner interface?

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      Shut up and take my money!
      Not sure if sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by j2723 View Post
        ...basically the installer that Debian uses with a modified partitioner interface?
        And integrated fast forward video functionality apparently...

Comment

have you guys actually taked a look at the site and such?. this is just a big joke. the video is speeded up. you can see that if not, you are blind!..

Comment

Setup virual machines

Yeah, it should be easier to setup virtual machines.

It is a pain-in-the-ass to create a new virtual machine and then install an operating system on it.
            I wish it were easier and quicker.

Comment

Obviously I'm missing something here. I don't see any kind of install happening in the video, just someone loading a few apps and closing them?

And I didn't find any claim of a super-fast 120-second install on their site/wiki, just some ludicrous marketing and silly picture of a whale. I might have been interested if/how it really worked.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenc View Post
                Obviously I'm missing something here. I don't see any kind of install happening in the video, just someone loading a few apps and closing them?

And I didn't find any claim of a super-fast 120-second install on their site/wiki, just some ludicrous marketing and silly picture of a whale. I might have been interested if/how it really worked.
                wat

that aint silly!

I think Michael is having a good time trolling.

Comment

Working...
                X