X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by CoreyRice View Post
    So guys do you have shared computers in your home?
    A few. Not many though.

Leave a comment:

• CoreyRice
    replied
    Originally posted by CoreyRice View Post
    So in other words there is no allowance for shared computer in a household where the husband and wife have separate accounts?

In other words in a business setting we must allocate machines for every single individual even though we have three shifts?

Your mysterious use-case is only applicable in your mother's basement where nobody else can stand the smell of your dirty
    discount underwear.

Yes in todays world there is nothing like shared computer. We have three laptops me, wife and my child. Everyone needs separate space and computer today.
    So guys do you have shared computers in your home?

Leave a comment:

• CoreyRice
    replied
    Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
    So in other words there is no allowance for shared computer in a household where the husband and wife have separate accounts?

In other words in a business setting we must allocate machines for every single individual even though we have three shifts?

Your mysterious use-case is only applicable in your mother's basement where nobody else can stand the smell of your dirty underwear.
    Yes in todays world there is nothing like shared computer. We have three laptops me, wife and my child. Everyone needs separate space and computer today.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Hello everyone. I just wanted to uhm...

TELL ALL YOU BITCHES THAT FEDORA 18 WORKED OUT OF THE BOX, MUTHAFUCKAHZZZZ!!!!

*lol*

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
    Is gksudo a shell script that calls sudo?
    No, it is a binary executable for giving superuser privileges to applications with a GUI.
    It is a GTK+ frontend for su and sudo.

Leave a comment:

• lsatenstein
    replied
    gksudo does not exist in Fedora 18

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    You should only use 'sudo' for command-line programs.
    If you want to run application software with graphical user interfaces then you should use 'gksudo'.

Like "gksudo nautilus ."
    Is gksudo a shell script that calls sudo?

Leave a comment:

• cardboard
    replied
    Every distro has a worst release.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
    I recently started to use sudo nautilus . to start the shell with root priviledges in the current directory. I sometimes remain in the shell in order to do change ownerships.
    Text was increased in size to show the dot
    You should only use 'sudo' for command-line programs.
    If you want to run application software with graphical user interfaces then you should use 'gksudo'.

Like "gksudo nautilus ."

Leave a comment:

• lsatenstein
    replied
    Found a circumvention

Originally posted by JanC View Post
    With 'sudo -i' (or 'sudo -s' which does some things differently with the environment) you can start a root shell (provided the 'sudoers' config allows that for your user, of course).

I recently started to use sudo nautilus . to start the shell with root priviledges in the current directory. I sometimes remain in the shell in order to do change ownerships.
    Text was increased in size to show the dot

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Someone wanted a real world example ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X