X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kokoko3k
    replied
    Suspend to disk?

Just use that and have your system up in less than 10 seconds...

Leave a comment:

• btux
    replied
    Cannot confirm

On my X220 with SandyBridge Hardware and an SSD, Fedora 18 is booting faster in my opinion.

I have five systems with Fedora 18 running upgraded from Fedora 17. On none of them the boot time regressed in any noticeable manner. I rather think it got farther, altough I did not measure it.

Leave a comment:

• Prescience500
    replied
    On my hardware, the total boot time is noticibly faster in 64-bit Fedora 18 KDE.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Fedora 18 Systemd Boot Performance Is Mixed

In addition to open-source graphics driver benchmarking, another area being explored with the recent release of Fedora 18 is the boot performance. Here's some initial results from three systems compared to the Spherical Cow's predecessor.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18402
    I don't think there was a regression in the user space. I think the way systemd measures load times for the components changed from F17 to F18. There's no way a default Fedora userspace is loading in 4s with a rotational disk.

Leave a comment:

• funkSTAR
    replied
    So boot perfomance depends on hardware config. The regressions can be found by using systemds blame/analyze tools.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Fedora 18 Systemd Boot Performance Is Mixed

Fedora 18 Systemd Boot Performance Is Mixed

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Systemd Boot Performance Is Mixed

In addition to open-source graphics driver benchmarking, another area being explored with the recent release of Fedora 18 is the boot performance. Here's some initial results from three systems compared to the Spherical Cow's predecessor.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X