Fedora 18 "Spherical Cow" Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tancrackers View Post
    But what about those of us NOT on fedora already?
    It's easy to make a bootable USB of fedora while on... fedora.
    But what if I'm ubuntu, arch, mac, windows? Unetbootin has NEVER worked for me.
    Its very easy to make a fedora liveusb on windows, fedora offers their own usb creator for windows... it works perfectly.

Last edited by bwat47; 15 January 2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tancrackers View Post
      But what about those of us NOT on fedora already?
      It's easy to make a bootable USB of fedora while on... fedora.
      But what if I'm ubuntu, arch, mac, windows? Unetbootin has NEVER worked for me.
      A straightforward dd or equivalent (there are Windows tools for direct copying, I think one is called rawrite) works fine. The Fedora images are all isohybridized. See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_t...d_use_Live_USB

Comment

Besides, it was alwasys best to use the Install DVD or the Network Install CD image anyway when it comes to doing a fresh install:

Also, the LXDE and Xfce spins of Fedora still look to be able to be burned onto a regular CD-ROM:

Comment

omg

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          This typically works for me on Windows:
          http://www.linuxliveusb.com/en/download
          Thank you very much!

Comment

fedora turned into crapware

never

NEVER

had I a distro that failed to boot after install

Windows 7 laptop with plenty of unpartioned space

boot into live cd, install, select boot drive, bootlader yes, standard partition, "dont worry fedora can automatically fuck shit up for you"

kmod0/4242 error during install

boot to grub

pick fedora

blank screen

seriously?

some stupid error that sda7 ext4 fs couldn-t mount incompabilities or some shit

THANKS FEDORA SUCKS ASS NOW

Comment

You couldn't boot it so Fedora is shit. Good review.

Comment

there's no 'I couldn't boot it' here

everything was as vanilla as possible

and it doesn't even recognize the ext4 partitions it automatically made without ANY input from me.

yes I would say that's a big pile of shit

Comment

Hmm... Can't decide whether to go through the hassle of an upgrade or just to wait for 19 in just a couple of months time!

Comment

Ok, I need help:

I installed fedora 18 on an unpartioned section of my hard drive and it simply won't boot saying 'ext4 fs incompabilities' and it simply shows the fedora logo then a permanent black screen... during install it gave a ' kmod 04 something' error.

Now the f+++ed up thing is that after installing fedora 18 I lost the ability to load a live session into ram, both ubuntu toram or fedora live_session fail to load the system into ram (this was working fine before the install) and worse still is that I lost sound in windows 7 and ubuntu....

I can't figure out what's going on, does fedora 18 tries to flash the soundcard firmware? why would it stop functioning in other OS's???

How can I delete the Grub live bootloader that I installed with fedora 18 (I already deleted the partitions)

If I flash my BIOS again and format my hard drive will everything return to normal?

God damn you fedora

Comment

Is anyone else noticing worse font rendering with Fedora 18?

Some fonts, e.g. the ones rendering this message for me on Phoronix, look a lot poorer with Fedora 18 - like they were written with a biro that is starting to run out of ink.

Comment

Working...
                      X