Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SprezzOS: "Most Robust, Beautiful & Performant Linux"

Phoronix: SprezzOS: "Most Robust, Beautiful & Performant Linux"

Developers behind a new Linux distribution set to be released in the coming days claim that their SprezzOS operating system is "the most robust, beautiful, and high-performance Linux ever to be distributed." Here's some details on this new Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They're having a laugh...

Comment

doubt that it will ever be near the parformance of arch linux :P

Comment

Originally posted by totex71 View Post
        doubt that it will ever be near the parformance of arch linux
        gentoo!!!! Gentoo!!!!!!

Comment

What a complete joke. Surely meant as such.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            What a complete joke. Surely meant as such.
            SprezzOS from Sprezzatech, fastest Linux evar. Look at our video with awesome fading screenshots and a goddamn rotating penguin, complete with a generic metal track. How can you not take this seriously?

Comment

Developers are usually not good at psychology and design, neverless this is quite ambitious.
              Maybe it is better when its "less is more",.. but may be I am wrong..

Anyway, I am looking for the release.. although I doubt using Debian as base is a good thing. The problem is that it updates just to frequently and the base is huge.
              For forks this results in breaks unless response is apt, and causes problematic of finding a trusty mirror if switching to semi-rolling (like LMDE).

Still, Debian is huge, and forks are usually small, so unless they concentrate only on small part, they risk breaking or doing wrong with a lot of stuff in the process.
              I hope for the best.

Btw...

Comment

I could barely decode that video by how fast that system was running

Comment

You guys are all jealous cause your Linux is not this sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                    Still, Debian is huge, and forks are usually small, so unless they concentrate only on small part, they risk breaking or doing wrong with a lot of stuff in the process.
                    I hope for the best.

Btw...
                    So this may actually be legit? Is there any info on what they have done to achieve this most robust and performant Linux? Here's hoping it doesn't consist of compiling all packages with -Ofast and putting on a smile.

Comment

Working...
                    X