Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanotix 2007 Thorhammer RC6

Phoronix: Kanotix 2007 Thorhammer RC6

Kanotix 2007 Thorhammer RC6 has been released, which signifies re-basing Kanotix against Debian Etch as opposed to Debian Sid. Kanotix 2007 Thorhammer RC6 also includes the Linux 2.6.22 kernel based upon the Ubuntu kernel with some modifications and extra patches. This release candidate also features the Acritox installer, Beryl 0.2.0, X.Org 7.1.1, NTFS-3g support, KDE 3.5.5a, and IceWeasel. Give Kanotix Thorhammer a try and if you run into any problems or wish to provide feedback, stop by the Phoronix Forums where Kano (the Kanotix distribution creator) is a member.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I installed RC6 it works on both laptop and desktop computers, the ATI driver script installed 8.41.7 and it too works on my ATI1300, other distros will have some catching up to do.

Comment

Glad you like KANOTIX. Kano really puts a lot of work into his distribution. I am trying to do some own backports and help Kano with them soon. I have never backported anything, but it's simple from what he has told me.

Comment

I tried the Kanotix RC6 livecd and it does seem to be reasonably smooth. Also the artwork brings back the fond memories I had of the older Kanotix Debian Sid-based releases. Hopefully Kanotix will become a reasonable alternative where a Sid-based distro is not desired.

Comment

Working...
        X