Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenrin
    replied
    Will be interesting to see if Red Hat will put this new anaconda installer also onto RHEL 7. Maybe that's the reason why they hurry this anaconda revamp into Fedora 18. It's likely that RHEL 7 will be based on F18. I read that somewhere but have no idea if this was rumor or for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Newfie
    replied
    Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    IMO 6 month release schedules are just silly in the first place, I wish fedora (and ubuntu) would consider having longer time between releases, and more post-release updates/support for existing releases.
    This is exactly what Canonical and Red Hat do with Ubuntu LTS and RHEL. Things are often backported to the LTS/RHEL releases. You don't have to use the newest Fedora/Ubuntu... that's your own choice :P

Leave a comment:

• Massa
    replied
    On the bright side, while Anaconda holds the release the distribution packages actually get into shape. I've been using Fedora 18 and it's rock solid so far.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    IMO 6 month release schedules are just silly in the first place, I wish fedora (and ubuntu) would consider having longer time between releases, and more post-release updates/support for existing releases.

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied
    Nothing new, Fedora must target less new features. Don't byte off more than you can chew, end of story.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Fedora 18 Isn't Looking Too Good, Anaconda Problems

Fedora 18 Isn't Looking Too Good, Anaconda Problems

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Isn't Looking Too Good, Anaconda Problems

The release of Fedora 18 has already been delayed five times and it's still uncertain when this next Fedora Linux release will actually ship...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X