Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pallidus
    replied
    who cares how long they take to release it? I'm using it right now and it's the best linux ever made.

fedora is linux for pros and all the others are compiled with aids and fail

I know this won't happen but I wish they would readjust the schedule and ship fedora 18 with the 3.7 kernel... they would be so far ahead of the competition it wouldn't even be funny

elementary looks all pretty and gay but kernel 3.2 LOLOL, they are going to release a 3.2 kernel based distro in december or january 2013...

all ubuntu based distros are cancer.

what fedora needs is a software center and less anal about repos etc

Leave a comment:

• Rigaldo
    replied
    Wow, I'm glad Fedora are flexible with their schedule and actually want to release things when they're ready(although I don't use Fedora personally). Or try to, certainly.
    Few projects have this policy, I know Elementary and Chakra to a degree use it. And I hope it's more widely adopted.

Leave a comment:

• disi
    replied
    17 still works fine and all the other repos used have already adopted to it, without Fedora is nearly unuseable for me... why upgrade so soon again? (actual Linux-3.6.1 just made it into Fedora 17)

Rolling updates/releases like Gentoo or Arch would be better...

Leave a comment:

• freedam
    replied
    This is way better than Ubuntu's release policy, if Fedora's beta isn't ready why release it? The six month cycle is only a maximum goal, not a deadline.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Fedora 18 Is Now One Month Behind Schedule

Fedora 18 Is Now One Month Behind Schedule

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Is Now One Month Behind Schedule

Fedora 18 is continuing in the long-standing Fedora tradition of suffering from multiple release delays per cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X