• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funkSTAR
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    Because:
    1. KDE SC 4.9 was released too close to the planned release date of openSUSE 12.2. By the time the release date was changed it was too late in the release cycle to switch to a different KDE version

2. Because x.x.0 released tend to have more regressions than x.x.4 or x.x.5 releases.
    Yeah. Too dead or too unstable. Pick your poison Was openSUSE 12.2 worth the wait? I think not.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
    KDE 4.8 is already dead by now. Why are they releasing dead software?
    Because:
    1. KDE SC 4.9 was released too close to the planned release date of openSUSE 12.2. By the time the release date was changed it was too late in the release cycle to switch to a different KDE version

2. Because x.x.0 released tend to have more regressions than x.x.4 or x.x.5 releases.

Leave a comment:

• Nevertime
    replied
    I put 12.2 on my laptop a couple of weeks ago when putting in a ssd. Its a nice gnome 3.4 desktop. I like the pretty boot splash and the grub theme... What else an be said? It's opensuse. Everything worked.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    There is this thing called "stability". You might have heard of it. There is also this other thing, called an "optional KDE 4.9 repository".

Leave a comment:

• Nevertime
    replied
    Dead?? Already??

Leave a comment:

• NeoBrain
    replied
    KDE 4.9 is not a stable release. If people want to try out 4.9, they can just use the KDE:UNSTABLE packages from OBS.

Leave a comment:

• funkSTAR
    replied
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic OpenSUSE 12.2 Released With New Features

OpenSUSE 12.2 Released With New Features

Phoronix: OpenSUSE 12.2 Released With New Features

As expected, openSUSE 12.2 was released today as the latest major community distribution release out of the SUSE camp...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X