Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabayon 8 Is Now An "Extreme-Rolling" Release Distro

Phoronix: Sabayon 8 Is Now An "Extreme-Rolling" Release Distro

The Gentoo-based Sabayon Linux distribution is out now with version 8 of their operating system. Besides many package updates and other new features, it's morphed into what the lead maintainer is calling the first "extreme-rolling release" distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you really enjoyed Sabayon 7, this is just another step towards World domination.
    Bryan has announced his pet project: Exherbo, a partially-Gentoo-inspired distribution. Exherbo uses the exheres-0 package format, which is implemented by Paludis. Exherbo is currently extremely us…

Do not spend your money on Sabayon. Help Gentoo or Exherbo instead.

The first Extreme-Rolling Release distribution, with automated repository package version bumping, thanks to Entropy Matter ebuild tracker
    Oh noes, Extreme Rolling with Extreme Ads in package manager, busy bees?
    Didn?t Calculate Linux have been binary rolling Gentoo since... 5 or 6 months already? I?m not talking about Calculate being perfect, since Gentoo is flawed by design, I?m talking about that *buzz* that Google Adwords clicks so like. Development?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      http://ciaranm.wordpress.com/2008/05...o-and-exherbo/

Oh noes, Extreme Rolling with Extreme Ads in package manager, busy bees?
      Didn?t Calculate Linux have been binary rolling Gentoo since... 5 or 6 months already? I?m not talking about Calculate being perfect, since Gentoo is flawed by design, I?m talking about that *buzz* that Google Adwords clicks so like. Development?
      Stop trolling Troll. Instead of bothering others work, get up your a** and do something usefull!

Here is your fish:

><> ... Enjoy!

Back to Topic:

I totaly agreee with rolling releases. I like them. Thats why I use ArchLinux. But I will give Sabayon a try, maybe in a VirtualMaschinen =)

Anyway. Congratulation to the new release! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Wubbbi View Post
        Stop trolling Troll. Instead of bothering others work, get up your a** and do something usefull!

Here is your fish:

><> ... Enjoy!

Back to Topic:

I totaly agreee with rolling releases. I like them. Thats why I use ArchLinux. But I will give Sabayon a try, maybe in a VirtualMaschinen =)

Anyway. Congratulation to the new release! =)
        Show me where I am trolling? Show! You have zero idea of rolling release. You have zero idea of Sabayon and you write crap! Who is troll, troll?

BTW has Archlinux managed to create something like USE flags, or russian official Archlinux slogan "There were no worries, till we decided to update" still persists?

Comment

It's no troll ... nooooooo!

You have no clue. There are people who use gentoo to build their own distribution as Ubuntu did with Debian and LinuxMint does with Ubuntu.
          They organize it, they set up advertisement, they write scripts and modify some packages and you are now going to tell us we should not spend Money to them? Who do you think you are?
          And belive me one thing, I realy have more clue then you have. You are talking shit. You dont know how hard it is to set up a distribution even when it is based on another. And if you know, then you realy sould be quiet!
          Also are USE flags an indicator of Rolling releases? You really should think befor writing!
          When you dont like Sabayon, ok! Thats your opinion. But dont disrepect their work.

Such guys like you should really not be allowed to use any opensource programm as they are as unthankfull as you are. -_-

Comment

Show me where I am trolling?
            You linked to some irrelevant blog post that is four years old. The rest of your posts is so confusing that I have absolutely no dea wtf you are talking about but it seems that you have something against Sabayon anyway...

There were no worries, till we decided to update" still persists?
            I haven't had a single stable repository breakage in over two years of use.

Comment

It's no troll ... nooooooo!

You have no clue. There are people who use gentoo to build their own distribution as Ubuntu did with Debian and LinuxMint does with Ubuntu.
              WHAT? And I thought Gentoo is meta-distribution. I thought I was using that for 2 years... Oh, I was sooo wrong. So, you mean I was building my own distro??!

I also thought that Debian and Ubuntu; as BINARY DISTROS; use different package versions, different package settings, different build flags, different base system, different release cycles. No sh!t I was so wrong!

They organize it, they set up advertisement, they write scripts and modify some packages and you are now going to tell us we should not spend Money to them? Who do you think you are?
              No, wrong order: they assemble gentoo with USE=*, then they put some sound on startup and ads in package manager. Then, they say they did like everything, ebuild-tree included. Oh wait, I forgot, they put RR logo on it, like rescue rangers or something.
              Yes, Im going to tell you, you go spend your money on something that gives progress to EVERYONE. This is called opensource, jack.

And belive me one thing, I realy have more clue then you have. You are talking shit. You dont know how hard it is to set up a distribution even when it is based on another. And if you know, then you realy sould be quiet!
              Oh sh!, thats hard! Lets go setup another Ubuntu respin, because it is hard, but we are going to just put some Ads and advertize all this as work of ourself so Ubuntu gets zero money and zero attention. Is that one of things that killed Gentoo, with another one being burocracy?

Also are USE flags an indicator of Rolling releases? You really should think befor writing!
              For source-based, yes. Because its major pain to ./configure each one yourself or to search all-the-way through AUR manually till all dependencies are satisfied.
              For binary... USE is not needed, because options become limited, and metadata such as "recommends" and "alternative" becomes more vital.

When you dont like Sabayon, ok! Thats your opinion. But dont disrepect their work.
              Such guys like you should really not be allowed to use any opensource programm as they are as unthankfull as you are. -_-
              Tell me what Sabayon can, what Calculate can not.
              How much did Calculate recieve compared to Sabayon?
              Who respects Gentoo, in terms of its rules and contributing rather than parasiting, more?
              Did Sabayon contributed anything back to Gentoo? Do you contribute in ebuild bugtrackers?

Oh, you saying every opensource programm is like sabayon? Luckily, they are not.
              What should I be thankfull for? For stealing eggs, making Sabayon and getting all credit?
              And as for me using sabayon?? Even if you desire to forbid it, I don?t even feel like touching it, even if it is same Gentoo

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
                You linked to some irrelevant blog post that is four years old.
                I LOLED.

Why wouldn?t you go and reread again? About who Ciaran McCreesh is, what his work - Paludis is and how it relates to Gentoo, and who is this "lxnay".
                In fact "lxnay" can come along and sh!t equally upon your head, because his magesty thinks Sabayon is Windows O_O edition. Gentoo-favoured.

The rest of your posts is so confusing that I have absolutely no dea wtf you are talking about but it seems that you have something against Sabayon anyway...
                Yeah, I have something about what Sabayon is, how Sabayon relates to Gentoo, and how redneckish their leader behaves.

I haven't had a single stable repository breakage in over two years of use.
                What are kernel/initram, xorg, gcc and coreutils are usefull for except running a server? You are running server on Arch?

Comment

The first Extreme-Rolling Release distribution, with automated repository package version bumping, thanks to Entropy Matter ebuild tracker
                  Does anyone know what this actually means? I hope it doesn't mean that things are going to go from code release to package even faster, meaning less testing and more instability in Sabayon....

Comment

[...]
                    ><> .. Enjoy. I see it makes no sence to even talk with you. Do on and keep living in your crazy "Gentoo is the King, Gentoo is GOD and xXRAZOOORXx" world.
                    Disrespecting others work does not make you any cooler!

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ... "And the troll keeps swimm swimm" *blubb*

Comment

Working...
                    X