Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Software Center Offers Books, Magazines

Phoronix: Ubuntu Software Center Offers Books, Magazines

Canonical will now be selling electronic books and magazines through the Ubuntu Software Center...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu One music store

Canonical has already been selling music via Ubuntu One (do you actually know anyone though who uses this though as opposed to Amazon's MP3 service, etc?),
    Well, since the Amazon MP3 service is not available outside the US, I have used the Ubuntu One store, mostly as a way to give something back for software which I use everyday...

Tristan

Comment

I use it too because it syncs to all my computers and to my mobile.
      A huge plus in my opinion.

Comment

I refuse to buy songs in lossy formats. I'd be delighted to buy them in flac though!

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          I refuse to buy songs in lossy formats. I'd be delighted to buy them in flac though!
          There are/were some FLAC files in the U1MS (but I don't remember if you can search/filter for them, it's been some time I looked at it).

Comment

Originally posted by nadirx View Post
            Well, since the Amazon MP3 service is not available outside the US, (...)
            And iTunes is not available on Ubuntu...

Comment

Working...
            X