X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    You, using a piece of fruit, want to talk about SIGNAL??!?!?
    The ONLY way that you could POSSIBLY be getting better signal is because you're using different CARRIERS.
    Exact same carrier. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Just a minute, my co worker wants to borrow my iPhone so he can make a call because his HTC can't get any signal.
    You, using a piece of fruit, want to talk about SIGNAL??!?!?
    The ONLY way that you could POSSIBLY be getting better signal is because you're using different CARRIERS.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Galaxy? Isn't that a Samsung? What do you expect? Samsung makes expensive plasticy junk. Set your sights a little higher.
    Just a minute, my co worker wants to borrow my iPhone so he can make a call because his HTC can't get any signal.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Lol well I can tell you one thing, after giving the Galaxy for a spin recently, exchanging it 3 times in a month because of memory failures I'm happy to report that I have now enjoyed a month of incident free smart phone use (and I'm not having to charge it midday either like I had to with the galaxy).
    Galaxy? Isn't that a Samsung? What do you expect? Samsung makes expensive plasticy junk. Set your sights a little higher.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    So... dumping a whole bunch of resources into enabling a corner use case that only applies to apple mobile devices (#4 and falling like a rock as people ditch that junk for more impressive alternatives) and nothing else... that supposed to make sense? Fruity will fall down to 5% or lower and only remain undead due to the obsessive support of hippie-wannabe's and teenage whor3s, none of whom even know what a printer IS.
    Lol well I can tell you one thing, after giving the Galaxy for a spin recently, exchanging it 3 times in a month because of memory failures I'm happy to report that I have now enjoyed a month of incident free smart phone use (and I'm not having to charge it midday either like I had to with the galaxy).

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    So... dumping a whole bunch of resources into enabling a corner use case that only applies to apple mobile devices (#4 and falling like a rock as people ditch that junk for more impressive alternatives) and nothing else... that supposed to make sense? Fruity will fall down to 5% or lower and only remain undead due to the obsessive support of hippie-wannabe's and teenage whor3s, none of whom even know what a printer IS.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
    This Epson Workforce 520... works on Linux? Scanning and printing? With wireless support?
    Yes to all questions. Epson has been very good with supplying linux drivers for their printers over the years. The contract Avasys to create them. http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/
    Last edited by deanjo; 29 June 2011, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    Isn't that basically Apple's name for DNS-SD?

Leave a comment:

• allquixotic
    replied
    You don't need to spend $100, those things are put on special every other week at your Best Buys of the world. Bought my last Epson WorkForce 520 for $30 when they were on sale at BB with no need to mail in a stupid rebate. Hell it even has a document feeder for scanning.
    Wow! I've been longing for a document feeder for scanning. I once had to do a bunch of worksheets out of a (paper) book, then hand them in electronically; scanning all those documents on the flatbed was, shall we say, extremely boring and hideously painful. I probably scanned 100 pieces of paper that way over the semester.

This Epson Workforce 520... works on Linux? Scanning and printing? With wireless support?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
    And I had to go and buy a wired printer last year (from HP). Fooey. Works like a charm with CUPS on all the distros I've tried, and the scanner even works with SANE.

I don't own an iOS device (nor do I plan to), but hopefully we'll start seeing more mobile devices with the ability to print to wireless printers. And then I'll have to kick out ~$100 to go buy one.
    You don't need to spend $100, those things are put on special every other week at your Best Buys of the world. Bought my last Epson WorkForce 520 for $30 when they were on sale at BB with no need to mail in a stupid rebate. Hell it even has a document feeder for scanning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X