Ubuntu 11.04 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Type? TYPE? Are you serious? I don't want to type. I want to click. With a mouse. On a menu, that neatly lists all available ways to go from there, like Gnome and KDE, and OS X, and Windows has been doing for ages and everyone knows about.

Are we going back to typing? I might just as well open a terminal. The freaking desktop looks like a freaking android phone that tries to look like a freaking MacBook....
    Hell yes, both Gnome shell and Unity did the thing wrong - they're forcing users to use keyboard to navigate fast. Unity didn't cut the features off at least.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Hell yes, both Gnome shell and Unity did the thing wrong - they're forcing users to use keyboard to navigate fast. Unity didn't cut the features off at least.
      Particularly funny when they both seem to be trying to implement tablet/cellphone interfaces. So the desktop gets a clunky way to choose applications which doesn't even work in that market with no keyboard.

Comment

Annoying screen corruption with Kubuntu and the stock drivers, though even after switching to xorg-edgers the corruption remains. I was using KDE4.6.x on Maverick with no issues (same drivers too), so what gives? And ugh, they stuck gsteamer there .

Comment

just installed it and after few boots , i can not wait to install fedora15 .
          first of all the gnome 3 is not so nice , i did not found how to reset the gnome2 menu and all the big icons are a mess .
          the idea to deploy menu of application where was the gnome2 menu is weird too .

i also was unable to use the dual tuner of my hvr2200 , one vlc video was well running after trying to open a second , the vlc window is closing .
          so now the ubuntu is not able to display video from it .
          with fedora 14 , there was no prob with 2 vlc showing 2 tvs

Comment

i did not found how to "reinstall" the gnome2 menu that is so cool

Comment

What are you talking about. Ubuntu 11.04 uses Gnome 2, not 3. Maybe you're confusing Unity with Gnome. Unity in 11.04 runs on Gnome 2.

Comment

Working...
              X