Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drag
    replied
    Fedora is doing pretty hot right now, at least in my book. I hope they keep up the good work.

Fedora 15 Alpha, after doing the upgrade to the latest version of packages for it... has Gallium working out of the box on my ATI card. It's actually a pretty nice improvement over Ubuntu in terms of performance for me.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    "Fedora codenames continue to go down an odd path with the reliance upon its contributors for the names and voting. "

Kind of a truism in the sense that anyone who suggests a name can be considered a contributor however anyone and not just Fedora contributors are permitted to suggest names. We open the wiki page and everyone can edit it and suggest any name they want.

I am not sure why Phoronix considers it odd but its a fun thing for some people and sometimes we get new contributors to Fedora this way as well. So I would merely consider it as yet another opportunity to participate in Fedora and free software without having to be a programmer or anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Fedora 16 Might Be A Beefy Miracle

Fedora 16 Might Be A Beefy Miracle

Phoronix: Fedora 16 Might Be A Beefy Miracle

Ubuntu 11.10 is codenamed the Oneiric Ocelot, which is perhaps the most unique Ubuntu codename to date, but going up against Mark Shuttleworth's next distribution update will be Fedors 16. What's the codename for that next Red Hat release? It might be called a Beefy Miracle...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTI4OA
Working...
X