Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE 11.4 Released

Phoronix: openSUSE 11.4 Released

The openSUSE developers in Nuremberg and around the world have a reason to celebrate today: openSUSE 11.4 was just released. openSUSE 11.4 has been developed over the past eight months and features a number of improvements and package updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Doing I live upgrade while typing this. Considering I was already using SC 4.6, LibreOffice, Firefox 4, etc. under openSUSE 11.3, I don't expect any visible changes.

Today, btw, is also the International Day of Awesomeness. https://www.facebook.com/event.php?e...442978&index=1

Comment

Here are a few more links concerning the 11.4 release that give a lot more detail:

After more than eight months of development, the openSUSE project has released version 11.4 of the openSUSE Linux distribution, adding several new features and updating the included components and packages

Demo slot pragmatic play adalah salah satu fasilitas game slot yang sangat diminati oleh para member slot di indonesia..

Comment

Many goodies... Now to find the time to upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Considering I was already using SC 4.6, LibreOffice, Firefox 4, etc. under openSUSE 11.3, I don't expect any visible changes.
          The 2.6.37 kernel on openSUSE 11.4 also has the miraculous 200 line patch that improves the system's responsivness.

Comment

I did a fresh install today. Finally its time to move beyond the atrocious 11.3 wallpaper :P. 11.4 looks far slicker. This is partly due to kde 4.6 which is a vast improvement over the previous 4.4. An other nice improvement is the speed of the software manager.

On the negative... well.... now you get pulseaudio as default with kde, I'll try it for a bit. It might not be as bad as it once was.

There's also now a rolling release repository you can add and a packman repository to go with it so it should be easier than ever to keep it up to date till opensuse 12.
            A live disk and repository featuring gnome 3 will be available to when that's finished to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
              I did a fresh install today. Finally its time to move beyond the atrocious 11.3 wallpaper :P. 11.4 looks far slicker. This is partly due to kde 4.6 which is a vast improvement over the previous 4.4. An other nice improvement is the speed of the software manager.

On the negative... well.... now you get pulseaudio as default with kde, I'll try it for a bit. It might not be as bad as it once was.

There's also now a rolling release repository you can add and a packman repository to go with it so it should be easier than ever to keep it up to date till opensuse 12.
              A live disk and repository featuring gnome 3 will be available to when that's finished to.
              Pulse is easy enough to remove. Ya I opened an openFATE suggestion to have it's removal by default again on a KDE install.

Comment

I think pulseaudio is pretty cool. It'd be better if they just asked you during the install if you want pulseaudio or not.

Also goody! It's like having new toys to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                  I think pulseaudio is pretty cool. It'd be better if they just asked you during the install if you want pulseaudio or not.

Also goody! It's like having new toys to play with.
                  I'm not saying remove the packages, just not to install them as default on a kde installation. They could always install the packages later if wished.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
                    It improved a lot. I'm using it in Kubuntu 10.10 and everything plays nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X